Bucs dismiss coach Smith after second season

Jetfan13

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have announced that Head Coach Lovie Smith has been relieved of his duties.

Statement from Buccaneers Co-Chairman Joel Glazer:

“After careful consideration, we informed Lovie that we have decided to make a change. I want to thank Lovie for his hard work and dedication to the Buccaneers during his time here. This decision was difficult on a variety of levels. I am disappointed that we were not more successful these past few seasons, but we are committed to doing what is necessary to give our fans the winning team they deserve.   As we move forward, General Manager Jason Licht will oversee the process for finding our next head coach.”

It's nonsense to fire him. After two seasons and getting the team to improve by 4 Ws this year. And to be in contention for a playoff spot until the team played poorly down the stretch. And except for the Carolina game they were very competitive in those last 4 Ls. For a while they were being talked about as team on the rise. And they are. But he had a rookie Qb this season and it's hard to win when your Qb is still on the learning curve. I saw the GM having his presser today on NFLN. The reporters were asking tough questions and even he was embarrassed by the nonsense coming from his owners. He had to back them up, what else could he say. He was obviously not for it.

Archived