KRL

Players that stood out that could help us:

- Geronimo Allison WR (ILL): big WR (6-3 200) that fits the mold that Gailey
prefers.  Showed good hands and a willingness to block.  And even though he's
tall he didn't need a "long runway" to get up to speed

- Danny Lasco RB (CAL): RB who appears quick to the hole.  Also showed good 
shiftiness once he got to the second level.  Played with Goff at CAL so he
caught a lot of balls out of the backfield

- Vernon Adams QB (ORE): short QB who reminds you exactly of Russell Wilson.
Big arm, elusive in the pocket and displayed the ability to manipulate safeties
by looking them off.  Will someone take a shot at him in the middle rounds?
He could be a diamond in the rough

- Joshua Ferguson RB (ILL): 3rd down RB in the mold of Darren Sproles

- Victor Ochi OLB (Stony Brook): not a prototypical sized edge rusher (6-1 245)
but incredibly explosive.  Was in the backfield all game.  Beat OT's with his
speed and ability to bend.  Will coming from a small local school hurt his stock?  

Here are my thoughts on the game: (I avoided looking at other comments before posting this.)

QB: Adams of course was fantastic, really did look like Russell Wilson (when wilson is playing well.) It's not the yardage or the 3 tds that impressed me but the little things he did. Hard count to force an offside, keeping his eyes downfield as the scramble. Looking off DB's and then throwing a fast accurate pass. When he did run got up field fast.

The 5 other Qbs? God awful trash. If you are 6'5" giant with limited mobility you better either be super accurate or have a laser for an arm. All of these guys just sucked imo, Doughty made a few decent plays but those were offset by mind blowingly bad ints. Sudfeld sucked donkey dink. I'll be totally aghast if the jets picked any of those bozos, just garbage.

Oline: Rob will have a better eval of this area. The tackles looked pretty poor, guys getting beat badly. One of the highly touted guys that being the C Glasgow was unimpressive, snapped it a count early almost resulting in a safety, totally whiffed on two plays I watched. The center from U of Calgary looked really good in the 4th quarter.

WR's/TEs: The guy getting the press looked the best (Allison?) but he left a few plays out there. Other than that not much impressed me there.

RB: Competent, Lasco looked pretty good, Ferguson on a few plays, no realy eye openers but a solid crop they all looked decent.

Dline: Ochi was better than advertised for me. When a guy gets off the ball before anyone else on almost every play you have something. You can't teach that kind of quick twitch. Sure, perhaps not an every down guy but he looks totally legit re a pass rusher. Some good interior lineman as well.

LB:s No one stood out head and shoulders, cept the dude that kept blitzing when you cannot blitz.

Secondary: some good looking players there, The dude with 3 names, something something Calhoun made some nice plays. Some other good play back there but some of these guys looked pretty small. The taller WR's were not making them pay for the size match ups.

Kickers: FG kickers sucked, the punters however, id take either one of those guys over quigcrap immediately, especially the A&M kid.

Coaching: Morons, june jones seems to have turned into a total derp. No attempts to get plays in at the end of the half or the game in a good hurry up simulation.

A few real gems out there that is for sure, but a lot of others that are super raw and would have to sit on a psquad for a number of years.

(Now I can go back and look at other peoples comments about the game.)

Players that stood out that could help us:

- Geronimo Allison WR (ILL): big WR (6-3 200) that fits the mold that Gailey
prefers.  Showed good hands and a willingness to block.  And even though he's
tall he didn't need a "long runway" to get up to speed

- Danny Lasco RB (CAL): RB who appears quick to the hole.  Also showed good 
shiftiness once he got to the second level.  Played with Goff at CAL so he
caught a lot of balls out of the backfield

- Vernon Adams QB (ORE): short QB who reminds you exactly of Russell Wilson.
Big arm, elusive in the pocket and displayed the ability to manipulate safeties
by looking them off.  Will someone take a shot at him in the middle rounds?
He could be a diamond in the rough

- Joshua Ferguson RB (ILL): 3rd down RB in the mold of Darren Sproles

- Victor Ochi OLB (Stony Brook): not a prototypical sized edge rusher (6-1 245)
but incredibly explosive.  Was in the backfield all game.  Beat OT's with his
speed and ability to bend.  Will coming from a small local school hurt his stock?  

pretty much agree with all of this.  2 guys really jumped out at me.  Geronimo (should draft the guy just for the name) and Vernon Adams.  Before the game I gave the guy almost 0 chance in the NFL as a QB due to his size.

He was really impressive Saturday

Archived