Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

43 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I'll add to the above. This post doesn't ring like you think Ape is town. It rings like you KNOW Ape is town. Because according to you, Spoot is either scum and employing GBtA, or he is town and thinks Ape is a good town leader. Do I have that right?

I don't see CTM slipping like that.

39 minutes ago, CTM said:

It implies I think Ape is town and I potentially think Spoot is playing GBtA. Under this theory Spoot is scum which makes it more likely Ape is town based on earlier interaction.

Plus is was an opportunity to insult ape and invoke a lengthy response about he's actually a good player if god darn't he could just get out of his own way, hrmpf!. But now you ruined that. 

ehh, maybe not ruined. He may be unable to not respond regardless of whether or not he knows i expected it.

Bah! Now I wish I played into it. LOL

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

It's not Spoot being worried, it's you framing him so he's damned either way

I'm not sure town thinks like that before voting.

But spoot did, and you are as well..

Keep talking pumpkin

Just now, CTM said:

I'm not sure town thinks like that before voting.

But spoot did, and you are as well..

Keep talking pumpkin

Your POV is so twisted it makes me that much more sure. Framing Spoot is not about how or what Spoot thinks, it's you creating a narrative of how other town should perceive his vote, and setting him up as a lynch. You are creating a situation where he will look scummy either way

4 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

It's not Spoot being worried, it's you framing him so he's damned either way

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Only scum deal in absolutes.

I wasn't aware that you were appointed spoot's very own len kachinsky.  Plead now to avoid the death penalty lenny

Krachinsky-e1451873956501.jpg

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

Your POV is so twisted it makes me that much more sure. Framing Spoot is not about how or what Spoot thinks, it's you creating a narrative of how other town should perceive his vote, and setting him up as a lynch. You are creating a situation where he will look scummy either way

So as a town player, thinking you are voting scum, that comment gives you pause?

You play a strange game I guess

8 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

If he is scum, then I truly feel honored that he considers me important enough to rally a mislynch against.

<3 you, too, @CTM. :wub:

3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

To Mr. CTM

Will you EAD and GFY? Please check one.

[ ] Yes, willfully.

[ ] Yes, regretfully.

Faithfully yours,

Town

so you are done defending spoot and back to attacking me for clean play? 

or is it coasting?

or undermining?

I'm having a hard time keeping track of your agenda. Can you make an outline?

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

so you are done defending spoot and back to attacking me for clean play? 

or is it coasting?

or undermining?

I'm having a hard time keeping track of your agenda. Can you make an outline?

to: CTM@iamscum.net

re: re: fwd: re: Notice of Complaint

To CTM, Esquire.

WHEREAS, you only talk down other lynches but never promote a vote on anyone else 

WHEREAS, you buried a vote on Jif early and kept it there, even when you saw towntells

WHEREAS, you buddy up to Ape as town

WHEREAS, you frame spoots future vote on you to set him up for a lynch

WHERAS, you changed the subject of Spoots inquiry to your play into discussion about Ape

THEREFORE, I believe you to be scum and hope you are lynched soon.

With warm regards,

The law offices of Town, Town, and Town

4 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

to: CTM@iamscum.net

re: re: fwd: re: Notice of Complaint

To CTM, Esquire.

WHEREAS, you only talk down other lynches but never promote a vote on anyone else 

WHEREAS, you buried a vote on Jif early and kept it there, even when you saw towntells

WHEREAS, you buddy up to Ape as town

WHEREAS, you frame spoots future vote on you to set him up for a lynch

WHERAS, you changed the subject of Spoots inquiry to your play into discussion about Ape

THEREFORE, I believe you to be scum and hope you are lynched soon.

With warm regards,

The law offices of Town, Town, and Town

what if spoot is scum.

You talk like you KNOW spoot is town

1 hour ago, CTM said:

We bust each others balls a lot and yes we butt heads if we land on different sides of an issue, as you've noticed ape is relentless and always has to get the last word in, and I cant be the same way when properly motivated.

But ape has this relationship with many people, him and slats used to be at each otehrs throats constantly, last 2 games brett, 80 last game. Usually ape is in the middle of whatever argument is going on, god bless his little heart

Insults are a null tell. 

And yes, somebody has to be the "bad cop" personality. I'm good at it, unless I get carried away. Then I nuke everything.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

True, Ape does that with a lot of people. It's his nature. But my point was not how Ape was playing this game, but how you were playing.

It seems to me that you keep wanting me to look closer at Ape instead of you.

It seems to me that you're tying CTM and I together. I don't know what I have to do with any of what CTM is doing. 

1 hour ago, CTM said:

wrong wrong wrong

how does one defend "clean play"

Stupid

How is play even clean on day 1? For all we know Hallia could be scum and I'm a grand idiot for trying to flick you nitwits off her train

Agree with this, to an extent.

You don't really know who is "clean" looking until you have hindsight position to look back and see how certain people knew how to avoid every bad townie move. Like I say, the cleaner a player looks in end game, the more likely they are to be dirty. D1? Not sure the same philosophy applies.

The bold is part of why I'm reading you town. If you're scum, you avoid her hammer regardless of whether she's scum or not in a game this small.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

In my defense, I am not as eager to see you lynched as Brett is.

I'm still not sold on you one way or the other.

Yep.

Unvote
Vote Spoot

Brett being so all-in seems like town play. No idea if he's right or wrong, but I get the conviction. No point in scum being so convinced. No point in scum unvoting Hallia at L1 either, and Brett did that.

You on the other hand have been flailing in defending yourself to CTM. Brett defended you better than you did yourself. You've also been hedging all game long, in moments where you can put a stake in the ground, you say stuff like this. I could go either way. Hedging is a scum position, it allows you flexibility to adjust to whatever the town does.

37 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:
2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

True, Ape does that with a lot of people. It's his nature. But my point was not how Ape was playing this game, but how you were playing.

It seems to me that you keep wanting me to look closer at Ape instead of you.

It seems to me that you're tying CTM and I together. I don't know what I have to do with any of what CTM is doing. 

No, I was implying that he was trying to deflect attention away from himself.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You on the other hand have been flailing in defending yourself to CTM. Brett defended you better than you did yourself. You've also been hedging all game long, in moments where you can put a stake in the ground, you say stuff like this. I could go either way. Hedging is a scum position, it allows you flexibility to adjust to whatever the town does.

I've been "hedging" because I'm not certain one way or the other yet. I'm not about to go balls deep in someone that I'm unsure about. This pretty much sums up how I've been playing this game ever since I started. No wait...

Except for that first game where I played guns blazing with my reads and turned out to be very wrong. I'd rather look like a scummy townie, than be a stupid, premature load-shooter townie.

3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

That's just the nature of the game. Embrace and enjoy it, I think that's what makes this game fun

Yeah, and it seems that if I don't, someone's gonna yell:

"HEDGER!"

"WAFFLER!"

"SCUM!"

I should get with the program, but it's probably too late for me to do it now without it looking forced. I'm gonna stick with my plan and wait until closer to the deadline.

12 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

"HEDGER!"

"WAFFLER!"

"SCUM!"

I should get with the program, but it's probably too late for me to do it now without it looking forced. I'm gonna stick with my plan and wait until closer to the deadline.

Ugh Spoot love you but hate this post. The frustration doesn't suit you. Don't make me hesitate on CTM

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So lets kill Hallia.  That whole "I'll LOL when I flip" comment still doesn't sit right with me.  Yeah, you sure showed us, claimed vanilla townie who hasn't had the time to participate much.  Not a pro-town post by her.

Her newest posts are not doing anything either. 

5 hours ago, Hallia said:

At least I got game related conversation started, so there's that I guess 

4 hours ago, Hallia said:

That is certainly not me on DM - my early games, maybe.  I'm still a little timid in this crowd, so I'm not as outgoing as I normally am.  I do care, I'm just shy v.v

Hallia, today all you've done is made excuses and jokes. If you want us to actually believe you are town, why don't you actually what was it you said to me...towntell? 

28 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

No, I was implying that he was trying to deflect attention away from himself.

I've been "hedging" because I'm not certain one way or the other yet. I'm not about to go balls deep in someone that I'm unsure about. This pretty much sums up how I've been playing this game ever since I started. No wait...

Except for that first game where I played guns blazing with my reads and turned out to be very wrong. I'd rather look like a scummy townie, than be a stupid, premature load-shooter townie.

I don't like this post. At all. It's okay to be wrong as town. It happens to all of us. 

16 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

"HEDGER!"

"WAFFLER!"

"SCUM!"

Eh, earlier today 80 defended you saying you handled yourself well under pressure. I disagreed then, I disagree now.

I think you're flailing now.

I'm not feeling this defense at all. You've been pretty quick on the uptake, I think you get that as town you are going to be wrong a lot. I don't buy that you're suddenly over-correcting to the point where you won't take a position on anything.

5 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Ugh Spoot love you but hate this post. The frustration doesn't suit you. Don't make me hesitate on CTM

Eh, it was said mostly in jest. Maybe...

Still, the truth is the truth. It's not just me, but CTM has been called out for the same thing (not by me, though).

Still not gonna change my approach, though.

1 minute ago, Leelou said:

Her newest posts are not doing anything either. 

Hallia, today all you've done is made excuses and jokes. If you want us to actually believe you are town, why don't you actually what was it you said to me...towntell? 

I don't like this post. At all. It's okay to be wrong as town. It happens to all of us. 

I'm still not quite okay with it yet, but that's a personal thing. I'll get there eventually. I'm still trying to play careful and mistake free the best that I can.

You were my first mistake.

*pours out drink*

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm still not quite okay with it yet, but that's a personal thing. I'll get there eventually. I'm still trying to play careful and mistake free the best that I can.

You were my first mistake.

*pours out drink*

Finding scum is like learning how to ride a bike. You wipe out, but you pick yourself back up and try again. 

You are coming off too overcautious this game. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, earlier today 80 defended you saying you handled yourself well under pressure. I disagreed then, I disagree now.

I think you're flailing now.

I'm not feeling this defense at all. You've been pretty quick on the uptake, I think you get that as town you are going to be wrong a lot. I don't buy that you're suddenly over-correcting to the point where you won't take a position on anything.

I do get a tad more uncomfortable when I drop the jokes a bit; they're my defense.

I can get that I'm going to be wrong as town, but that doesn't mean I have to like it and not try my best to avoid it. And I never said I wasn't going to take a position; I'm just not taking it yet. I'll make a decision on who to vote before the deadline. There is still time.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I do get a tad more uncomfortable when I drop the jokes a bit; they're my defense.

I can get that I'm going to be wrong as town, but that doesn't mean I have to like it and not try my best to avoid it. And I never said I wasn't going to take a position; I'm just not taking it yet. I'll make a decision on who to vote before the deadline. There is still time.

post is interesting..not sure how i feel..

different then we've seen from spoot thus far

Archived