RB Matt Forte.. jets' new LaDainian Tomlinson ? ? ?

kelly

9 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I think that Forte will want a lot of money. And I'm not a fan of overpaying veteran Rbs who are mostly pretty much done. They are like your original car tires when you replace them. Almost worn out. Get young legs and there are plenty of good Rbs coming out of college,etc. This is why there might not be a big market for Ivory. He came here with a lot of tread but not much left. 

A guy like forte is still one of, if not the best pass catching back in the league-- if the jets go with fitz again next season forte would be extremely useful for a QB with limited range and accuracy issues

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 2:40 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Disagree.  Martin was a great RB IMO. 

Martin, great?  He was ok. He just made the Hall of Fame that's all.  Yea Johhnys D is right, Martin is overrated.  Don't they put all overrated RB's in the Hall of Fame. Had Curtis not injured his knee, he had a good chance to overtake Emmitt Smith's all time rushing yard record.

If you guys don't want Matt Forte, you don't follow football outside of the Jets. Last year, Forte was hurt and he still managed 44 receptions in just 13 games. He also managed to r ush for 900 yards in 13 games. He would be a perfect fit in Chan Gailey's system. 

If people were suggesting we break the bank for Forte or give him a multi-year deal, that would be foolish. But he would be a HUGE upgrade over Chris Ivory because he is multi-dimensional. He can play all 3 downs. Obviously, it would be better to draft a RB that is younger/faster (I'd love Elliot), but Forte is still an elite RB, even at the age of 30. I'd rather go into the season with him at RB than some random 3rd round RB that may or may not mature into an NFL player at some point. 

Archived