What players will you give up to keep Fitz

JohnnyLV

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Francesca said Elway likes strong armed QBs, which Fitzpatrick is not.

2. So Bill O'Brien would dump a guy, make the playoffs without said guy and have the humility to say "I made a mistake, come back!" Goes against ego. Whole franchise would have to admit we goofed.

3. It's Cleveland. They are not going to spend major money on a player in a position that they can draft for less.

4. Sam Bradford has a better arm than Fitz.

5. Look at the Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers. There is competition there to deal with. To stand out, with no major well know studs on defense like Watt, they need a big name to sell tickets. It's the reason the Jets went for Namath

1.  Peyton Manning

2. What's the harm and why is it a goof?  They got a 7th round pick, still made the playoffs.  Remember, he benched Hoyer for Mallet at the beginning of the season.  Let that sink in.  

3.  Why not?  You going to start Wentz or Goff day 1?  No.  You're not.

4. No he doesnt.

5. Who is splashy out there?  Mike Vick? 

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

SF with Kelly is not an option, Kelly has no use for a QB like Fitz.  I think he'll draft his guy and work through the development stage

Cleveland is drafting someone at the top of the draft, why would they put big money is a 33 year old QB?

He traded for Sam Bradford.

Because none of the QB's are ready to start.  They drafted Maziel and signed McCown the next season.  It gives them the luxury to bring their draftee along.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

1.  Peyton Manning

2. What's the harm and why is it a goof?  They got a 7th round pick, still made the playoffs.  Remember, he benched Hoyer for Mallet at the beginning of the season.  Let that sink in.  

3.  Why not?  You going to start Wentz or Goff day 1?  No.  You're not.

4. No he doesnt.

5. Who is splashy out there?  Mike Vick? 

1. And you think elway wanted manning back this year?

2. Fitz also got benched for mallet in Houston 

3. It's Cleveland 

4. Yes he does, and it's not even close

5. Ever hear of trading?

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

3. It's Cleveland 

5. Ever hear of trading?

You really trust O'Briens evaluation of the qb position?  This guy benched mallet for hoyer in the middle of a drive last season

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

He traded for Sam Bradford.

Because none of the QB's are ready to start.  They drafted Maziel and signed McCown the next season.  It gives them the luxury to bring their draftee along.

I dont see Fitz as a Kelly type QB.  Dont know what he saw in Bradford but he just may have wanted to dump Foles and the Rams were his only trading partner.  SF is different that the Eagles, its a rebuild and I would think he'll start over at QB too.

Manziel was a question coming out of school, was a low 1.  But the original premise is Fitz uses a big offer from another team against us to move on.  Cleveland may want a veteran  to be in place for 2016.  Theyre not giving anyone the 2-3 year, top 10 QB money people assume Fitz wants and is fighting the Jets over

13 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

You really trust O'Briens evaluation of the qb position?  This guy benched mallet for hoyer in the middle of a drive last season

Mallet is god awful and I think o'brien did alright with the players he had

15 minutes ago, cant wait said:

3. It's Cleveland 

5. Ever hear of trading?

1.  Yes

2. Nobody benches a conquering hero

3. Exactly

4. No.  He doesnt.  Its very close.

5. Of splashy QB's?  no

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont see Fitz as a Kelly type QB.  Dont know what he saw in Bradford but he just may have wanted to dump Foles and the Rams were his only trading partner.  SF is different that the Eagles, its a rebuild and I would think he'll start over at QB too.

Manziel was a question coming out of school, was a low 1.  But the original premise is Fitz uses a big offer from another team against us to move on.  Cleveland may want a veteran  to be in place for 2016.  Theyre not giving anyone the 2-3 year, top 10 QB money people assume Fitz wants and is fighting the Jets over

Kelly has coached Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford.  I honestly dont see the difference here.  Other than Fitz is better.  

I dont think any of the QBs' are ready to start D1 and they have HUGE cap room.  With 1st round picks being much less expensive these days, why not? 

I dont know of any of this to be true.  I'm just saying, if you're QB hungry and all those teams are, I promise you they're at the very least, having a discussion about Fitz.  They might not do it but they're kicking tires.

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Kelly has coached Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford.  I honestly dont see the difference here.  Other than Fitz is better.  

I dont think any of the QBs' are ready to start D1 and they have HUGE cap room.  With 1st round picks being much less expensive these days, why not? 

I dont know of any of this to be true.  I'm just saying, if you're QB hungry and all those teams are, I promise you they're at the very least, having a discussion about Fitz.  They might not do it but they're kicking tires.

Of course this is just a couple of guys making shlt up as we go along, always am aware of this.  Unfortunately too many don't get that part of sports, forum life.

Remember Kelly inherited Foles and made him after Vick went down with injury.  After he fell Kelly wanted to dump Foles, I have no idea if he liked Bradford as much as he claims he did or the Rams were the only team interested in dealing QBs with him.  

As for Cleveland, I agree they have the cap and the patience to sit whoever the draft between Wentz and Goff but if they dont see significant playing time in 16 they will in 17.  My point isnt so much that Cleveland wouldnt want Fitz, even if I'm not sure, but why would Fitz want to go to a team that wants him to be a half season or at best 1 season starter and to lose more than he wins?  He's be better off getting realistic and signing the only place he's ever had success

Archived