Jets have a trade partner lined up for Mo?

Sperm Edwards

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

No. Just moves it around a little. Whatever you pay him must come off the cap. Net savings = 0.

Only way to save is to pay him less, which saves a little, or pay him nothing (cut him). 

We should do the latter. 

ok lets look at that.  I'm assuming we are cutting him while other good LT's are available, so like tonight, or at least well before June 1

so that's $5million in dead money and $9 million in savings

1) how much will the starting caliber LT you are signing tomorrow cost ? sweezy got $6 per, Allen got $7 per, haven't seen schwartz' number yet but I bet its $8 or $9

2) how much does that leave you ?

was it really worth it ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Larz said:

ok lets look at that.  I'm assuming we are cutting him while other good LT's are available, so like tonight, or at least well before June 1

so that's $5million in dead money and $9 million in savings

1) how much will the starting caliber LT you are signing tomorrow cost ? sweezy got $6 per, Allen got $7 per, haven't seen schwartz' number yet but I bet its $8 or $9

2) how much does that leave you ?

was it really worth it ?

Totally worth it. It's a cap savings for better play and an actual future. I'd call that worth it. 

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't see anything in this thread

so what LT are you signing, specifically what is his name, and how much will he cost ?  are there any decent ones even available ?

your budget is $9 million

tell me who we swap brick for and what else we get

specific names with specific contract #'s

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

I don't see anything in this thread

so what LT are you signing, specifically what is his name, and how much will he cost ?  are there any decent ones even available ?

your budget is $9 million

tell me who we swap brick for and what else we get

specific names with specific contract #'s

I outlined how much we save by dumping Brick. It's not a revelation; I used #s from  jetscap.com. We would save $11M over keeping him. You'd be hard pressed to name another LT in the NFL who would cost that in year one of a new contract, if there even is such a person in existence. Nearly as hard pressed as you'd be trying to name a tackle who had a worse season in 2015.

Archived