Round 3: Film on Mauldin

joerb31

11 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

I like the kid but you can't play out of control and in that first clip he ran right past Tyrod Taylor. I know he came back around the other side, but if you go back to the early 90's the Jets had a guy named Marvin Washington who did that quite a lot. Overran the sack time and again. I hope Mauldin can play fast but also under control much better this season, because he could end up being a pretty good edge guy.

In his defense, Taylor is extremely elusive and Maudlin was clearly pushed in the back by Glenn once he got around him.  So on that play, I wouldnt say he was out of control.  

Otherwise, I agree.  It's one thing to create havoc and get there, it's another to have the body control to make the play.   I dont think Maudlin struggles with that at all.

Actually breaking down plays like this will get you a huge following of Jet fans and others. Hope u keep up with it (Great job). 

Analyst out there say the same all garbage recycled and have a cult following. Its very rare someone ever displays how a players strengths//weaknesses. 

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Actually breaking down plays like this will get you a huge following of Jet fans and others. Hope u keep up with it (Great job). 

Analyst out there say the same all garbage recycled and have a cult following. Its very rare someone ever displays how a players strengths//weaknesses. 

Thanks a lot! Comments like that definitely motivate me to keep doing the player breakdowns and all of the other Jet related things I have been doing!

On 3/21/2016 at 7:07 PM, Jetdawgg said:

Excellent drop here bro. Mauldin could have had Brady a few times if he wasn't being held so much. He is an excellent pick by Macc. TB knows how to use him in this D. Get him so real help on the other side and this D is meaner. Highly productive NYJ.

a lot of DL/OLBs would have had Brady throughout the league if NE wasn't allowed to hold the way they do.  

cheaters suck. 

Archived