Interesting WFAN Rumor

KRL

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Paxton Lynch is the only option at 20?  Remember that you get the 5th year option with 1st rounders, not 2nds, 3rds or whatever.

You're worried about 5 years from now?  This team has a 1-2 year window left.

And who would they be targeting? If it's Paxton 

why on earth would the QB hungriest team give that up? 

if they're targeting one specific player, or even a few, it's a draft day deal where they see who's there when the Jets are on the clock.

the sad truth of the draft is there isn't much of a difference between the Jets' 20 and the Cowboys' 34

This. Historically the difference is statistically insignificant at every position. 20 is too deep to get a blue chip player at a prime position. I'd make any deal that gives us multiple picks including a 2nd this year and/or next year's first.

This team hasn't even hit their window yet.  Last year was an illusion.  This team has 1-2 years to go before their window even opens

I agree, you can't even mention a team window for a team without a QB. Positionally, our DL has a bigger window than 1-2 years, the rest of our D are pretty much looking for their next window, as is the OL. I would agree with a 2 year window at WR, that's about it.

And who would they be targeting? If it's Paxton 

why on earth would the QB hungriest team give that up? 

if they're targeting one specific player, or even a few, it's a draft day deal where they see who's there when the Jets are on the clock.

the sad truth of the draft is there isn't much of a difference between the Jets' 20 and the Cowboys' 34

This. Historically the difference is statistically insignificant at every position. 20 is too deep to get a blue chip player at a prime position. I'd make any deal that gives us multiple (3) picks including a 2nd this year and/or next year's first.

This team hasn't even hit their window yet.  Last year was an illusion.  This team has 1-2 years to go before their window even opens

I agree, you can't even mention a team window for a team without a QB. Positionally, our DL has a bigger window than 1-2 years, the rest of our D are pretty much looking for their next window, as is the OL. I would agree with a 2 year window at WR, that's about it.

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Kenbrell Thompkins makes that catch we probably get to the AFCG with our team last season.  The AFC sucked except for the Broncos with noodle arm Manning

On March 30, 2016 at 4:13 AM, drdetroit said:

You're worried about 5 years from now?  This team has a 1-2 year window left.

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Also, a one year window and you think an extra 3rd and 6th are a big help?  Ha.

There's at least one boob here that wants to use 7 picks on 7 QBs (for the next three years though currently we have only 6 picks in '16).

If we're gonna be that clueless who cares what pick #s they are?

Archived