Mock 2.0 (just jets picks, no trades)

BklynJetsFan85

Round 1 : OLB Leonard Floyd Georgia

Round 2 : OT-OG Germain Ifedi Texas A&M

Round 3 : QB Christian Hackenberg Penn State (if he falls to this spot) Alt Pick : LB Jaylon Smith Notre Dame

Round 4 : TE Nick Vannett Ohio State

Round 5 : WR Davonte Allen Marshall

Round 7 : S Trae Elston Ole Miss (red flags off field stuff, that's why he falls to 7th round - VERY talented though) -

7 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Its good, i would prefer to go OL in the 3rd but really like the Trae Elston pick.

I've seen him in some late rounds with mocks with teams like pats taking him... so i checked out his highlights... reminds me of the honey badger a little bit with his style of play

1 minute ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I've seen him in some late rounds with mocks with teams like pats taking him... so i checked out his highlights... reminds me of the honey badger a little bit with his style of play

Yeah, beside the off the field stuff i just don't know if he has the size to compete in the NFL, but is a gamble worth taking.

I've seen a  lot of people mocking a TE for the Jets and I really don't understand the logic.

I'm not sold by any means with the Jets current TE depth. I mean, you have Amaro (who has great potential but is unproven), Davis (blocking TE), Enunway (H-back/WR) and Sudfeld (backup). But the fact is the Jets resigned Sudfeld and Davis and only carried 2 TEs into the season last year. There's no way they are cutting Amaro, who they drafted in teh 2nd round a couple of years ago. If they draft a TE, they would have to cut 1 or 2 of the TE's the JUST SIGNED. It makes no sense to me. Did they just sign Davis and Sudfeld as camp bodies. If the Jets signed them as insurance in case the rookie doesn't work out, that's fine. But even if the rookie they draft end up looking like a bust early on, there's no way they cut him after drafting him in the 4th, that's just silly. 

Otherwise, not a bad mock, except I have major doubts about Floyd and his fit with the Jets. I feel like any OLB they draft should be able to set the edge and play with his hands in the dirt- a DE/OLB/Pass Rusher hybrid which are so common in the NFL these days. I have doubts Floyd has the strength to do that at the NFL level. Unless they plan on moving him to ILB, which would negate his biggest strength, which is to rush the passer off the edge using speed and athleticism.    

On 4/8/2016 at 11:45 AM, PepPep said:

Otherwise, not a bad mock, except I have major doubts about Floyd and his fit with the Jets. I feel like any OLB they draft should be able to set the edge and play with his hands in the dirt- a DE/OLB/Pass Rusher hybrid which are so common in the NFL these days. I have doubts Floyd has the strength to do that at the NFL level. Unless they plan on moving him to ILB, which would negate his biggest strength, which is to rush the passer off the edge using speed and athleticism.    

Floyd has the frame to put on size. Might not be an absolute beast the 1st season, but give him a year to bulk up and i think you got a future pro bowler

Archived