Do you think we see a bounce back season from Lazard?

15 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

He’s the 6th receiving option on the team, what does that even mean 

It means do you think he will perform better in 2024 than he did in 2023 when given the chance to catch the football?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, The Troll said:

He’s gonna bounce back into free agency as soon as the season ends. 

This is 100% true.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Zach's fault!!!  He has to throw a tighter spiral there (instead of that duck) and be a lot more accurate with the placement of that throw.

Understandable why Lazard checked out.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, slats said:

No one’s trading for his $11M guaranteed this year and so Douglas would rather eat that money with him as a reserve than on another team. Bringing in Mike Williams and then drafting Corley knocks him down a couple pegs on the depth chart, and I don’t expect him to get a lot of opportunities as long as everyone is healthy. He’s probably better in the slot than outside, but he’s almost certainly backing up Williams outside while Gipson backs up the slot. He’ll have his best chance to show he deserves targets in games while Williams continues his recovery in camp. It’s gonna come down to opportunities for him, and he’s gonna have to earn them. 

It was such a nice thought I had.  Why did you have to go and do that?!  :)

• Haha 2

I think he'll be better. But that's not saying much. Everyone will be better with Rodgers and OL there. But for Lazard his awful play now has him 2 spots lower on the depth chart. So opportunity for him isn't going to be easy. He's WR4 now. Ya he'll get starting reps in TC bc Williams likely wont be a full go by then. So I expect in TC there to be noise around him bouncing back. But that's only bc Williams wont be out there yet. And hopefully Williams can go Week 1. In all honestly I hope he's good to go for mid TC to get on the same page as AR and the offense as a whole. Breece got injured a few weeks after what Williams did and had a similar injury and was able to go about mid TC. So that's not unrealistic.

All in all having Lazard there in case Williams cant go is a good thing. But not question for me that he's WR4. So I don't think he does that much.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

Dude was so bad last year that I have extended periods of time in which I forget he's even still on the team.

But he'll be back with his guy at QB and has proven he can be a productive NFL recevier.

If he turns things around as the 4th/5th option as a pass catcher it would be huge for this offense.

But do you think he does that, or will he stink up the joint once again?

Yes. Not great but not a healthy scratch by end of season either. 

36 minutes ago, slats said:

No one’s trading for his $11M guaranteed this year and so Douglas would rather eat that money with him as a reserve than on another team. Bringing in Mike Williams and then drafting Corley knocks him down a couple pegs on the depth chart, and I don’t expect him to get a lot of opportunities as long as everyone is healthy. He’s probably better in the slot than outside, but he’s almost certainly backing up Williams outside while Gipson backs up the slot. He’ll have his best chance to show he deserves targets in games while Williams continues his recovery in camp. It’s gonna come down to opportunities for him, and he’s gonna have to earn them. 

Rodgers and Lazard are like peanut butter and jelly on a football field… they go well together. I’m as down on Lazard as anyone else, but I doubt very much Corley will be ahead of him on the depth chart. Gipson? No way.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Williams' status is a real? Doubt the Jets will want to push him.

Unless JD make another move, Lazard opens at WR2.

Better chance he opens in the doghouse than WR2. He’d be gone if it was feasible.

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Rodgers and Lazard are like peanut butter and jelly on a football field… they go well together. I’m as down on Lazard as anyone else, but I doubt very much Corley will be ahead of him on the depth chart. Gipson? No way.

Lazard was a 500 yards a year guy for Rodgers before Adams left, not his go to guy. More like his third, fourth, or fifth option. He’ll be further down the depth chart here this year, too. I have very little doubt that Corley will be the starting slot this year. Wilson is the clear #1, getting a Davante Adams share of the targets. Breece could easily be #2. Williams and Corley and Conklin will all eat before Lazard, who will primarily be Williams’ backup. 

I think he could have a bounce back year with Rodgers throwing to him, but his opportunities will be limited short of injuries. 

• Upvote 2

Assuming that Lazard remains on the 53 man roster (and I believe he will) although that's far from a guarantee, I definitely think he'll be more productive with a healthy Aaron Rodgers under center.

How much more productive he'll be, remains to be seen.

Lazard & Rodgers have an established chemistry & history together & Lazard is still only 28 years old, (doesn't turn 29 until December) so, it's not like he's past his prime.

He's also 6'05 & 227 lbs which should (in theory) make him a hell of a red zone target.

In 2019 he had 35 catches for 477 yds & 3 TDs.

In 2020 he had 33 catches for 451 yds & 3 TDs.

in 2021 he had 40 catches for 513 yds & 8 TDs.

2022 was statistically his best season, where he had 60 catches for 788 yds & 6 TDs.

Last season his production obviously took a hit, where he only had 23 catches for 311 yds & 1 TD.

Part of that was not having Rodgers feeding him the ball and of course, many will say he quit on the team and so on.

For his career - including last season, he's averaged 13.3 yds per catch.

I think it's realistic for Lazard to regain his 2019 - 2021 production levels.

Time will tell, but it would be nice to see the Jets get something out of him, for what they paid him in free agency.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

Dude was so bad last year that I have extended periods of time in which I forget he's even still on the team.

But he'll be back with his guy at QB and has proven he can be a productive NFL recevier.

If he turns things around as the 4th/5th option as a pass catcher it would be huge for this offense.

Put it this way....   how could he be any worse?  

At least with Rodgers under center, Lazard knows if he slouches again, he will get the wrath of Aaron.  :)

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, slats said:

Lazard was a 500 yards a year guy for Rodgers before Adams left, not his go to guy. More like his third, fourth, or fifth option. He’ll be further down the depth chart here this year, too. I have very little doubt that Corley will be the starting slot this year. Wilson is the clear #1, getting a Davante Adams share of the targets. Breece could easily be #2. Williams and Corley and Conklin will all eat before Lazard, who will primarily be Williams’ backup. 

I think he could have a bounce back year with Rodgers throwing to him, but his opportunities will be limited short of injuries. 

No argument about Wilson and Hall, those two are no brainers. I do think you’re vastly overrating what Corley’s impact and role will be this year however. IMO he’s going to be behind both Lazard and Williams (when healthy). Probably your guy Gipson and maybe Brownlee also.
He’s a rookie from a mid major school. I don’t see him stepping into a big role on a win now team.

That doesn’t mean I want to see Lazard get time over him, or that Lazard will put up big numbers this year, it’s just what’s going to happen. This CS plays their veterans, and Lazard, like him or not has a history with, and meshes well with Rodgers. Let’s be real… the OC and HC know that, and the vets will be out there with Aaron.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

He’s the 6th receiving option on the team, what does that even mean 

he's still 2nd until williams proves his health and corley proves he can do it in the NFL

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure Rodgers will kick his soccer ball into the upper decks if he's still f'n around while he's on the field. 

He won't bounce back to what we thought we were getting mainly because they'll be better options in front of him but he won't be completely useless like last year

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

I have a feeling he will get more playing time than Corley.

Gipson, Charles and Brownlee will be lucky to be on the team.

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I have a feeling he will get more playing time than Corley.

Gipson, Charles and Brownlee will be lucky to be on the team.

I see Brownlee as squarely on the roster bubble right now.

Gipson & Charles will probably stick, because of their special teams value.

But hey, who knows....way too early to say anything for certain.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1