Which of these NY Jets QB seasons was the best?

slats

Which of these NY Jets QB seasons was the best?   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one:

• Ken O'Brien 1985 - 60.9 comp%, 3120 yards, 25 TDs, 8 ints, 96.2 passer rating, 0-1 in playoffs
    • Vinny Testaverde 1998 - 61.5%, 3256 yds, 29/7 101.6, lost AFC Championship Game
    • Chad Pennington 2002 - 68.9%, 3120 yds, 22/6 104.2, 1-1 playoffs
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick 2015 - 59.6%, 3905 yds, 31/15 88.0, no playoffs

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hey, I'm just feeling it, never thought of this a knock against Fitz.  I thought it was a question just put out there.  I do think Fitzs season belongs on the list, he put up great numbers so it ranks.  

Not talking about you; just seems like the hate has gone too far in general.  People who want to say he sucks are as incorrect as the people arguing he's elite.  So why people are so upset we brought him back that they feel the need to "prove" Fitz is average is funny to me.  We paid low-end QB money to an average QB.  It's basically a non-story, yet for some, its ruining their enjoyment or excitement about the upcoming season.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He wasn't hung out to dry by anyone.  He was a concussion waiting to happen.  

You can't seriously judge any WR from the 80's against one from today with the rule changes strictly by stats.  Toon was a great WR who could dominate a game.  Just leave it at that.

he was hung out to dry all the time, watch the old clips.  he was fearless and O'Brien put him in bad spots to get his bell rung.  Not intentionally of course but he did it.

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

sorry.

as far as O'Brien, he had a good 1985.  led us to 11 wins but this notion that the OL was awful is false, he held onto the ball too long in most cases b/c he was always looking for the big play.  he made a ton of big plays down the field that year but he was terrible in the playoff loss(I know he got hurt) and generally wasn't as good as the passer rating would suggest.

I remember. He also played a hand in crippling Toon.

I didn't remember (it was 30 years ago) he would have gotten sacked >60x again in '87 if not for the strike. All I remember well from that year was you-know-who crossing the picket lines, Jerry Rice catching what seemed like 100 TDs, and Bo Jackson.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I remember. He also played a hand in crippling Toon.

I didn't remember (it was 30 years ago) he would have gotten sacked >60x again in '87 if not for the strike. All I remember well from that year was you-know-who crossing the picket lines, Jerry Rice catching what seemed like 100 TDs, and Bo Jackson.

Kenny had lead feet, do you remember that weak attempt to score against Miami in 1989?  Kenny had a great arm, was a beautiful downfield passer but took way too many sacks and is generally overrated by nostalgic jet fans.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Kenny had lead feet, do you remember that weak attempt to score against Miami in 1989?  Kenny had a great arm, was a beautiful downfield passer but took way too many sacks and is generally overrated by nostalgic jet fans.

Spot on!!

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not talking about you; just seems like the hate has gone too far in general.  People who want to say he sucks are as incorrect as the people arguing he's elite.  So why people are so upset we brought him back that they feel the need to "prove" Fitz is average is funny to me.  We paid low-end QB money to an average QB.  It's basically a non-story, yet for some, its ruining their enjoyment or excitement about the upcoming season.

No, I got that, I just never thought of it that way.  I see it though, can be a subtle way to diminish his season by not including it on he list. 

I do think the fact that it's the only season that didn't lead to a playoff game hurts him. 

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he was hung out to dry all the time, watch the old clips.  he was fearless and O'Brien put him in bad spots to get his bell rung.  Not intentionally of course but he did it.

I don't need to watch clips, went to every home game they played in.  

QBs throw passes that WRs, especially ones who don't know how to avoid hits. Get smashed on.  Every QB.  

I already get that you think O'Brien is overrated, ranks below Sanchez.  You're going to blame him.  

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Not offhand, no I don't remember. Then again I was in college and I don't remember much of anything.

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't need to watch clips, went to every home game they played in.  

QBs throw passes that WRs, especially ones who don't know how to avoid hits. Get smashed on.  Every QB.  

I already get that you think O'Brien is overrated, ranks below Sanchez.  You're going to blame him.  

it has nothing to do w/ knowing Sanchez was a better Jets QB than O'Brien.  he ended Toon's career early.  he was getting killed on a weekly basis w/ high throws.

Archived