Jets waive CB-K.James, Sign RB- T.Williams

PepPep

I don't really get this move. I mean, I understand why the Jets waived James, who was injured and buried on the CB depth chart. But why bring in another RB with Pierce, Morris and D. Williams already serving as #4, 5 and 6?  

I watched some tape on this guy, and although he ran a 4.42 40 at his pro day, did not come away that impressed. 

Is this a special teams move? Is this just to bring in an extra body at RB due to injuries? 

Kinda wish they would have brought back Hackett and kept the Aussie punting competition going. 

29 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I don't really get this move. I mean, I understand why the Jets waived James, who was injured and buried on the CB depth chart. But why bring in another RB with Pierce, Morris and D. Williams already serving as #4, 5 and 6?  

I watched some tape on this guy, and although he ran a 4.42 40 at his pro day, did not come away that impressed. 

Is this a special teams move? Is this just to bring in an extra body at RB due to injuries? 

Kinda wish they would have brought back Hackett and kept the Aussie punting competition going. 

I think they dont want Forte or Khiry doing much w/hammys until Sept.  and this guy is just for camp use...

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Pierce hasn't been practicing due to hamstring issues.  They doing this pretty much to ease back the reps Powell has been getting.  Got to keep him fresh for the season and as of right now he's been taking the bulk of all rb reps it seems.

8 hours ago, PepPep said:

Camp bodies at a position needing some rest

Archived