Why Geno Smith Never Asked Jets to Trade Him

NYPaperAirplanes

23 hours ago, JiF said:

Kid is saying all the right things.  Has clearly matured on and off the field.  Shame we never got to see him play on a legitimate NFL team when he was actually ready to play.

I wouldnt be surprised if he lands somewhere and gets another shot.  Hell, there's a chance the Jets see him in action.  Fitz is old and gets nicked up quite a bit.  

He wont be resigned here though, so he's going to have to hope to get a chance on QB needy team or he's just going to be signed as a back up somewhere else. 

I think his time here in NY is up, but I hope he gets another shot somewhere else to prove himself.

And I'm not even a Geno fan. I was screaming to the high heavens for us to draft Teddy Bridgewater and for us to tank for Jameis Winston.

I just feel 2 years is not enough to completely write off a QB. Now he's in his 4th year and has more knowledge/understanding of the game and has better weapons. If he gets his chance to come in this season, I hope he lights it up 

6 minutes ago, King P said:

I think his time here in NY is up, but I hope he gets another shot somewhere else to prove himself.

And I'm not even a Geno fan. I was screaming to the high heavens for us to draft Teddy Bridgewater and for us to tank for Jameis Winston.

I just feel 2 years is not enough to completely write off a QB. Now he's in his 4th year and has more knowledge/understanding of the game and has better weapons. If he gets his chance to come in this season, I hope he lights it up 

If he comes in this year I hope he wins a SB. But 999-1 he does get his chance elsewhere. Problem is it will be for the Browns or someone equally terrible, most likely. So the excuses can continue for poor performance.

Archived