Should Antonio Allen be getting more playing time?

Barkus

He can do a decent job covering TE, he did it for us in the past and actually played corner for us in a pinch. Pryor is horrible in coverage, I would consider putting in Allen in passing situations. If pryor keeps sucking then miles may creep up on his PT too I think. Miles can tackle better than pryor. Come to think of it, pryor can't cover or tackle, what good is he??

Probably. But the real solution is for Bowles needs to adapt and take a page from Ted Cottrell's playbook, rather than keep trying to implement a D that he clearly doesn't have the personnel to execute. 

Anyone remember 2002? On D, the Jets had guys like Mo Lewis, Damien Robinson, Ray Mickens, etc. they were old and slow. Talented, yes, but slow, much like today's Jets' secondary. 

Therefore, Cottrell couldn't create the type of fast, blitzing defense that Bowles wants to field. He had to go with the cover2/3 system that was also aptly called the "bend-but-don't break" system. As much as we hated it-it wasn't a flashy system-it generally worked. The Jets made the playoffs, their D ranked in the top 10 and their opponents were held to field goals. The D kept everything in front of them and then tightened up in the red zone. The Jets that year handed the Colts their worst playoff loss in its history-a 41-0 blowout that Peyton Manning still calls his most embarrassing loss ever (I was at that game). 

This is the system we need to adopt. We can actually do it better than in 2002, because we actually have a pass rush. Bowles definitely needs to adapt.

bowles is trying to play DBs off but then we are getting killed on WR screens and TE drags. Plus, with blown coverages every week, people are running down the field completely uncovered. Allen can at least cover so he may be able to plug the holes. When pryor is in open field whether to cover and even tackle he usually just falls down!

3 hours ago, Barkus said:

He can do a decent job covering TE, he did it for us in the past and actually played corner for us in a pinch. Pryor is horrible in coverage, I would consider putting in Allen in passing situations. If pryor keeps sucking then miles may creep up on his PT too I think. Miles can tackle better than pryor. Come to think of it, pryor can't cover or tackle, what good is he??

ANYONE, PLEASE!!! Anyone but Calvin F-ING Pryor. He sucks worse than anyone the Jets have had since Kyle Wilson. He is a bust on the order of Vernon Gholston.

2 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

ANYONE, PLEASE!!! Anyone but Calvin F-ING Pryor. He sucks worse than anyone the Jets have had since Kyle Wilson. He is a bust on the order of Vernon Gholston.

The whole secondary is fair game.  It's tough to just single out Pryor.  Charles Woodson couldn't have helped on this one...  

Archived