Mo Wilk thrilled with win

AFJF

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

Yeah he did.  I think Mo is going to be fine next season.  Broken leg, contract dispute, don't think  he ever got in football shape.  Also think getting Richardson out of town will help.

Both Wilkerson, and #88, Jenkins, came charging up to Petty all wild and happy after the winning TD run.

Also noticed that after the late hit, and picked up flag, on Petty, both Mo and Lee, went after the guy that made the hit.  Bowles had to chase them both back.

Think he's still into the game.  Just a bad season................We'll see

I guess the bum leg kept him from team meetings even the one that had a birthday cake for him..Dam that broken leg..:)

40 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

So with Sheldon gone(Which he will be) Mo will suddenly become a grownup?? Yep that's the ticket..;)

You want to succeed, hang out with successful people, you want to be a loser, hang out with losers.  yep, that's the ticket, 

Works n and off the field

6 hours ago, flgreen said:

Yeah he did.  I think Mo is going to be fine next season.  Broken leg, contract dispute, don't think  he ever got in football shape.  Also think getting Richardson out of town will help.

This is almost definitely it. Wilkerson and Jason Heyward CBPOTYs 2017!

17 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Sure, that's SOP for a NFL fan when one of these boys gets paid for their work anyway.

You get paid for performance now and in the future not past performance, i know many NFLers have not figured this one out.  We are playing Mo wilk huge dollars to be a dominant Dlineman who produces, a good character guy and a big plus to the defense.

He's played lousy, has been a poor character guy and his whole year smacks of the 'I just got paid I don't have to try anymore attitude'.

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You get paid for performance now and in the future not past performance, i know many NFLers have not figured this one out.  

Yeah, the current contract is structured to where he only makes $10 million in 2016 including only a $7 million base. That is not an elite salary. In fact, this deal as it is laid out (he's also cuttable after 2017) hints that the team had some idea that he wouldn't be his usual self coming off an injury that cost so much TC time this year and might be permanently diminished. Wilkerson being what he's always been - playing 80-90% of the D snaps at a well above average to elite levels anywhere on the DL - is easily worth this whole contract and more as folks here like to imagine it (as if he's actually making the average of the total contract, or more somehow, every year). 

That we're totally definitely supposed to buy that Wilkerson is both bad and lazy now and forever is funny. 

33 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Yeah, the current contract is structured to where he only makes $10 million in 2016 including only a $7 million base. That is not an elite salary. In fact, this deal as it is laid out (he's also cuttable after 2017) hints that the team had some idea that he wouldn't be his usual self coming off an injury that cost so much TC time this year and might be permanently diminished. Wilkerson being what he's always been - playing 80-90% of the D snaps at a well above average to elite levels anywhere on the DL - is easily worth this whole contract and more as folks here like to imagine it (as if he's actually making the average of the total contract, or more somehow, every year). 

That we're totally definitely supposed to buy that Wilkerson is both bad and lazy now and forever is funny. 

Base salary's mean zippo in this world of huge guaranteed bonuses.  I don't know if he will be bad and lazy forever, but he sure as hell is this year.  But then again in his whole career he has only had one great complete year and that was last year.  Hey I can see why the jets signed him long term to such a market value deal but he's been just behind Revis as far as being a non entity on defense.  Pretty well every other dlineman we have has out played him.

On December 14, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Beerfish said:

Base salary's mean zippo in this world of huge guaranteed bonuses.  I don't know if he will be bad and lazy forever, but he sure as hell is this year.  But then again in his whole career he has only had one great complete year and that was last year.  Hey I can see why the jets signed him long term to such a market value deal but he's been just behind Revis as far as being a non entity on defense.  Pretty well every other dlineman we have has out played him.

I want to break this down but I spent all last offseason doing it plus the post I wrote got lost. I will just say that basically all of this is not true but does play into the emotions of the day so can maybe seem true.

OTOH IIRC I was wrong about being cuttable or tradeable after next year, it might be 2018.

Archived