Brandon Marshall signs two year deal with the Giants

Matt39

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Well, technically we do know since Brandon admitted his action divided the lockerroom and then the HC and 4 other players confirmed it.  So there isnt really a debate.  However, I do think outside of whatever happened in the Jets lockerrroom, that Brandon probably rubs a lot players wrong way with his holier than thou attitude and his relationship with the media/being a member of the media.  It doesnt help when you perform poorly and quit.  That whole, dont throw stones in a glass house thingy typically pisses people off.

How about the ******* stupid owner of the team tells him to quit the Inside the NFL gig? Marshall's effort wasnt an issue while he was here. All the other guys that was the case. All Woody had to do was tell him not to do the tv show.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Marshall learned a thing or two, finally.  

Marshall to limit media exposure with Giants  

But he certainly sounded like he was done with Showtime show.

"Being on 'Inside the NFL' was a great opportunity," Marshall said. "I learned a lot. I grew a lot. And it's definitely something that I want to do when I'm done playing ball."

But …

"I will say that I will not be doing a lot of media and television moving forward," he said. "Out of respect for the guys who have given me an opportunity, I want to talk with them because everything happened so fast. Those guys have been planning for this situation for some months now, so they're in a great position. That's also a team, and I just want to make sure our transition, whatever way we go, is good for them as well."

Taping "Inside the NFL" was going to be an issue anyway since it has taped on Tuesdays in the past and that is now a workday for the Giants under the revamped schedule Ben McAdoo introduced last year. Traditionally, the Giants have allowed their players to pursue media opportunities on their own time - including spots on SNY, weekly appearances on WFAN and guest-hosting jobs on SiriusXM NFL Radio. But they have also stepped in at times and pulled the plug on those opportunities when they felt those appearances were getting in the way of a player's work.

Marshall will surely have opportunities even if he ends his association with Showtime. He sure seems like a good bet to take over Victor Cruz's weekly appearance with Mike Francesa on WFAN. But he insisted his media exposure "will really be limited" even though he's not leaving the media capital of the world.

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you'd rather see him on the backpage of every local paper after he has a big game for the giants in the playoffs?

You act like that's new or something.

13 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Mo got paid and Sheldon found fast cars and weed

Cool but do you recall locker room rifts prior to Marshall?

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

How about the ******* stupid owner of the team tells him to quit the Inside the NFL gig? Marshall's effort wasnt an issue while he was here. All the other guys that was the case. All Woody had to do was tell him not to do the tv show.

Marshall effort was an issue last year, 100%.  He was flat out dogging it the second Fitz got benched.  Which is probably why everyone hated him.  You cant yell at everyone's effort when you've quit yourself. 

As far as the show, I guess he's learned it a conflict of interest and is taking a break.  Go Brandon! 

15 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

HUH?!?!?

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Former Jets WR Brandon Marshall alluded to the Jets' roster shakeup during his conference call with the Giants media. "David Harris is still there and you feel bad because it takes a strong veteran leadership group to keep things together and now get things back on track," he said. "You're leaving guys to fend for themselves. That was the hard part" about leaving.

This is soooo stupid.  Why didnt David Harris' impeccable leadership capabilities take effect last year?

Archived