Kevin Green: A football Life

Jetster

Anyone see this on NFL network yesterday? Don't underestimate this guys influence on our young group of LBs & edge rushers. What an inspirational player & man. Plus he comes in here wearing a gold hall of fame jacket is to this day the leading sacker in the history of the NFL at LB. This team needs more fiery coaches with the wooden Indian on the sidelines.

Hopefully we can draft another edge rusher in the 2nd, might be in the 1st if someone they loves falls to them. While I want OJ Howard, there are other TEs that could be had in the 3rd round. Greens got some young guys in their 2nd years to work with & now that they have gotten their feet wet, he can start teaching the nuances, hand fighting ect. , that great LBs use. We've all been told that Lee & Jenkins were both very smart which really helps once they get more experience & can diagnose plays.

Even though Green will be coaching the LBs, he's not a shy man if he thinks the Dline isn't protecting his boys. His last year with the Rams, he was playing out of position, end in a 4/3. He left & went to the Steelers where Dick Labeau put him back into his natural position at OLB in a 3/4 & he was a killer.

If we keep Sheldon, maybe Green can help motivate him to be a damn killer like he was. Was very impressed with Green as a player, father, and coach with Green Bay. Could be a very important hire. Jets have some beef up front so the LBs can attack, especially if Big Mo returns to form with a full offseason of training. If he has any type of ego that should be the case, I can't see any NFL player accepting being called a "dog".

The NFL wants Bowles to succeed, both from a personal and policy reason.

They are encouraging people to help him.

With Jenkins, Mauldin, Bishop, Martin and Lemonier, the Jets have the bodies to play EDGE with good coaching. 

I am much more worried about the ILB.   I do think there is an opportunity to sign 1 or 2 3-4 year upgrades from Harris while helping Harris toward retirement.  Something funny is going on with Harris.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The NFL wants Bowles to succeed, both from a personal and policy reason.

They are encouraging people to help him.

With Jenkins, Mauldin, Bishop, Martin and Lemonier, the Jets have the bodies to play EDGE with good coaching. 

I am much more worried about the ILB.   I do think there is an opportunity to sign 1 or 2 3-4 year upgrades from Harris while helping Harris toward retirement.  Something funny is going on with Harris.

Why aren't we signing the younger Minter or Brown at LB & saying Sayanara to Harris. Let's just finish this speed upgrade on defense. It shocks me that we're keeping a guy like Harris where his last BEST game was 7 freaking years ago?

Archived