2 teams to watch on draft day

SickJetFan

29 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

The Raiders (like Jets in 2015) have to start spending money based on the cap rules.

The Raider will be spending on their own players ( they drafted) , and won't be big spenders in Fa anymore. ( looking at  getting the maximum of  four compensation picks next year).   

Being cap compliant  isn't going to be a problem , as they will easily spend what they have to.   Just like they know they can't re-sign everyone.     Every player Reggie Mckenize has a price what they are worth to him.   The player can get more elsewhere, than you can't be afraid to let them go.( not going to upset their longterm salary structure). 

4 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Arz WILL NOT trade up, IMO. Ariens has been VERY vocal about NEVER reaching for a QB, and w/his QB whisperer confidence, I doubt they TRADE UP and surrender picks for a position he can "coach up." 

I wonder if the Raiders are BALLSY enough to trade up for Fournette at @6 if he's there. The Lynch rumors should be put to bed, i.e. Seattle will want more compensation than it's worth, and Raiders NEED a YOUNG workhorse RB to alleviate Carr and take that offense to ANOTHER level. 

Sorry but this is nuts.  There is no such thing as reaching for a QB.  The guy is either going to be good or not, teams draft based on what they THINK will happen.  Not based on hopes or thinking that the draft is a crapshoot.

There's no such thing as coaching up a QB. If it was that simple, there would be a ton of good QB's yet nobody can figure it out.  Arians is no idiot and knows that as well.

Arians has traits he likes out of a QB.  He likes a big arm so obviously that brings up guys like Mahomes, Kizer, and Webb.  They know Palmer's time is limited and going by their visits, they'll try hard to take a QB.  And it will be one of those three guys.

5 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Arz WILL NOT trade up, IMO. Ariens has been VERY vocal about NEVER reaching for a QB, and w/his QB whisperer confidence, I doubt they TRADE UP and surrender picks for a position he can "coach up." 

I wonder if the Raiders are BALLSY enough to trade up for Fournette at @6 if he's there. The Lynch rumors should be put to bed, i.e. Seattle will want more compensation than it's worth, and Raiders NEED a YOUNG workhorse RB to alleviate Carr and take that offense to ANOTHER level. 

I don't see Arizona trading away multiple picks to move up for a QB in this draft.  Especially since they have been pretty successful at finding later round gems i.e. David Johnson, Evan Boehm, Marqui Christian, John Brown, Tyrann Mathieu, Andre Ellington, etc.  Though I could see them drafting Deshone Kizer or Davis Webb to develop behind Palmer, work on their weaknesses, get them accustom to the offense and bring them along slowly without the pressure of starting right away.  I don't think Logan Thomas developed like they thought he would.

1 hour ago, Komba said:

Sorry but this is nuts.  There is no such thing as reaching for a QB.  The guy is either going to be good or not, teams draft based on what they THINK will happen.  Not based on hopes or thinking that the draft is a crapshoot.

There's no such thing as coaching up a QB. If it was that simple, there would be a ton of good QB's yet nobody can figure it out.  Arians is no idiot and knows that as well.

Arians has traits he likes out of a QB.  He likes a big arm so obviously that brings up guys like Mahomes, Kizer, and Webb.  They know Palmer's time is limited and going by their visits, they'll try hard to take a QB.  And it will be one of those three guys.

Yeah  . . . . the only nuts are the Nuts in your mouth!  :P jk.

From Arians himself:

Arians has been the Cardinals’ coach since 2013, so he’s not responsible for the entire drought. And, it turns out, that the team has not taken a quarterback over the last couple of drafts has little to do with not liking any.

We look every year,” Arians told Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio Tuesday. “We had, the last two years, we’ve had a guy, next is our pick, somebody took him right in front of us.

You never want to push a quarterback up the board in any round; that’s when you make mistakes, just to have a quarterback.”

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

Yeah  . . . . the only nuts are the Nuts in your mouth!  :P jk.

From Arians himself:

Arians has been the Cardinals’ coach since 2013, so he’s not responsible for the entire drought. And, it turns out, that the team has not taken a quarterback over the last couple of drafts has little to do with not liking any.

We look every year,” Arians told Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio Tuesday. “We had, the last two years, we’ve had a guy, next is our pick, somebody took him right in front of us.

You never want to push a quarterback up the board in any round; that’s when you make mistakes, just to have a quarterback.”

And that viewpoint is the reason that Arians doesn't have a QB. And I know Palmer put up some nice numbers a couple years ago, but everyone knows that guy isn't going to win a super bowl.  He can help a coach maintain his job, but the whole point here is to win a super bowl.

Some idiotic coaches and GM's try to view the QB position as the same as the others, but you just can't do that.  You identify one that you think will be good, and then you do whatever it takes to get him.

6 minutes ago, Komba said:

And that viewpoint is the reason that Arians doesn't have a QB. And I know Palmer put up some nice numbers a couple years ago, but everyone knows that guy isn't going to win a super bowl.  He can help a coach maintain his job, but the whole point here is to win a super bowl.

Some idiotic coaches and GM's try to view the QB position as the same as the others, but you just can't do that.  You identify one that you think will be good, and then you do whatever it takes to get him.

So the Pro HC w/13 years college coaching and 28 years of NFL coaching offense is WRONG when up against the opinion of internet fan forum poster (@Komba) in regards to QBs and when to select them and how they're developed? :blink:

uh . . . . .ok, if YOU say so.

giphy.gif

On April 19, 2017 at 7:23 AM, SickJetFan said:

Arizona - would be perfect landing spot for one of these QB.  Their 1st 2 picks equal our pick at 6 in trade chart.  If a QB they like on board at 6 I could see a trade happen.

Raiders - they in a win now I could see them take a chance on Sheldon Richardson and give us a pick

I don't think the Jets will be able to trade down. Never say never, but it's a very deep draft and all the players worth trading up for probably will be gone by #6. Why give up a first and second rounder for the sixth pick?

59 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I don't think the Jets will be able to trade down. Never say never, but it's a very deep draft and all the players worth trading up for probably will be gone by #6. Why give up a first and second rounder for the sixth pick?

I dunno my darkhorse is still Arizona .  I think they in a unique situation much like the jets were when they traded up for Sanchez. They have some decent players in their prime and the window is closing.  I don't buy that Arians can just take a lower round pick in a weak qb class and get to the superbowl.  Palmer will be lucky to make it through this season so the pressure is on.  I don't think they can put it off until next year either.  If jets on clock and trubisky there I can see AZ make the case to move up.

Maybe it was jets leaking the draft talks with Cleveland 

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

I dunno my darkhorse is still Arizona .  I think they in a unique situation much like the jets were when they traded up for Sanchez. They have some decent players in their prime and the window is closing.  I don't buy that Arians can just take a lower round pick in a weak qb class and get to the superbowl.  Palmer will be lucky to make it through this season so the pressure is on.  I don't think they can put it off until next year either.  If jets on clock and trubisky there I can see AZ make the case to move up.

Maybe it was jets leaking the draft talks with Cleveland 

I hope so, I would definitely take their one and an extra second rounder. I say we give Hack a chance and if he isn't the guy, draft Darnold. Unlike what we did with Geno Smith, at least we can spend this draft putting a team around him

Archived