Dead Money Aside

Tinstar

If you could get a 1st round pick this year and a 1st round pick next year, would you consider trading Leonard Williams during the draft and keeping Sheldon Richardson and Mohammed Wilkerson as the starting DEs for the 2017 season ?

43 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If you could get a 1st round pick this year and a 1st round pick next year, would you consider trading Leonard Williams during the draft and keeping Sheldon Richardson and Mohammed Wilkerson as the starting DEs for the 2017 season ?

Depends what pick this year, and more importantly which team, if it's the Packers, Patriots, Cowboys, Steelers hell no, but if it's the 49ers, Browns, Rams maybe.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Depends what pick this year, and more importantly which team, if it's the Packers, Patriots, Cowboys, Steelers hell no, but if it's the 49ers, Browns, Rams maybe.

So it's not a crazy idea ?

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

So it's not a crazy idea ?

I would have to think long, and hard if the Browns called and offered 12, and 2018 1st rounder.  49ers I would probably turn down 2, and next years first because you know the Jets would just take Solomon Thomas, or Allen making the trade pointless for this year, and I think Shannahan can get enough out of that team to win 5-7 games making the 2018 pick not what I'm looking for.

53 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Let me ask you

Which of the 3 will be consistently good ....pro bowl good....over next 3 to 5 years? Or who of the 3 has best chance of that?

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Let me ask you

Which of the 3 will be consistently good ....pro bowl good....over next 3 to 5 years? Or who of the 3 has best chance of that?

Let me ask you when was the last time a 3-4 DT was the main difference why a team wins 10+ games year in year out during his prime?  Don't get me wrong I love Leo, and he is the best of the 3 by a lot IMO, and is under the Jets control on the cheap for 3 more years, and will only be 26 when he lands that 2nd contract AKA the BIG pay day, but he isn't a game changer that wins games by himself, IF the Jets had a plan to draft potential game changer talent players, and picked a team like the Browns who have a good shot at having a high pick in 2018 I would have to think long, and hard.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Let me ask you when was the last time a 3-4 DT was the main difference why a team wins 10+ games year in year out during his prime?  Don't get me wrong I love Leo, and he is the best of the 3 by a lot IMO, and is under the Jets control on the cheap for 3 more years, and will only be 26 when he lands that 2nd contract AKA the BIG pay day, but he isn't a game changer that wins games by himself, IF the Jets had a plan to draft potential game changer talent players, and picked a team like the Browns who have a good shot at having a high pick in 2018 I would have to think long, and hard.

Reggie white comes to mind .....quickly.....Bruce smith

Just now, SickJetFan said:

Reggie white comes to mind .....quickly.....Bruce smith

So Brett Favre, and Jim Kelly just to name the 2 starting QB's had nothing to do with the success?  Take them away, and Smith, and White lead their teams to SB wins, and a bunch of 10+ win seasons?  Also neither were 3-4 DT's/ DE's both were 4-3 DE's big difference.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

So Brett Favre, and Jim Kelly just to name the 2 starting QB's had nothing to do with the success?  Take them away, and Smith, and White lead their teams to SB wins, and a bunch of 10+ win seasons?  Also neither were 3-4 DT's/ DE's both were 4-3 DE's big difference.

Those 2 QB did not make it there without them.....that is a fact

19 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Let me ask you

To answer your question, I would say Williams would . My thought process thou is since the Jets run a base 34 , their OLBs should be more important to the scheme than their DEs . Since it appears that this draft is loaded with potential rush lbers, I would give serious consideration to any trade that involves multiple picks this year and a 1st next year especially at a position where I have an abundance .

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

To answer your question, I would say Williams would . My thought process thou is since the Jets run a base 34 , their OLBs should be more important to the scheme than their DEs . Since it appears that this draft is loaded with potential rush lbers, I would give serious consideration to any trade that involves multiple picks this year and a 1st next year especially at a position where I have an abundance .

But even the drafted players have less chance then Leo to be pro bowl player over next 3.5 years.

Archived