Two actual, real positives from this Draft (So Far)

Jet_Engine1

With all of the confusion and dismay at the Jets Draft Strategery so far, there are two actual Positives to take from the first 3 rounds...

1. SEC. So far, all 3 of the Jets picks have come from the SEC, the highest level of competition on the NCAA level. Nobody from Troy State, nobody from the MAC or garbage Big-10. All 3 guys have played against the best College Football has to offer for big programs. LSU, Florida, and Alabama. These guys are used to huge crowds, big hitting, and the most speed in the NCAA...

2. So far, no picks have been wasted on developmental, third tier QBs. This IMO is YUUUGE. This tells me that they're going to give Hack an opportunity to show what he has, and that they're going to sink or swim with the Small 3 (Mr. 2-14, Hack, and Bryce "What am I doing here?" Petty). This also tells me Mac HAS learned a lesson, that you can't waste time with "Developmental" mid round picks when you don't have an actual starter in place. So, unless they lose their minds and decide to throw Dobbs or Peterman into the mix, they're going into 2017 with what they have....and what they have now is exactly what we need to draft high enough in 2018 to get a REAL QB Prospect....

Archived