SMART- est.. 10 smartest things the jets have ever done, from Namath to Parcells ~ ~ ~

kelly

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What's more believable: That Belichick wanted no part of an outright boob like Woody Johnson or that Bill Parcells (who just saved Belichick's career after he was fired from the bottom of the barrel Browns) so hurt Belichick's feelings that he had no choice but to limp off to New England (which, incidentally, Parcells had already rebuilt for him)? 

so BB had Woody pegged from BEFORE he was ever introduced as owner?  interesting.

BB was tired of being in the shadow of BP and having him dictate his career.  BP knew he was stepping down and was just playing around w/ BB's career.  All BP had to do was let BB know his plans and he would have been our coach and if we got Brady this would have been our dynasty.

18 hours ago, AFJF said:

Or, Belly felt like he was the brains behind the SB's won by the Giants, but Parcells got all the glory, and he didn't want the same thing to happen again if he won another one?  Every meathead fan in the NFL would be talking about how BB won with Parcells' players and he was the real architect, no matter what was said publicly.

Parcells never won anything w/o BB on his staff.

BB seems to have done alright w/o BP.

BB is an incredibly overrated Defensive coach.  he was "great" when he had the best defensive player in the game in LT just like he's a "great" HC w/ the greatest QB of all time.

Parcells turned around NE w/o BB on his staff, he turned around Dallas w/o BP on his staff.  BB has never done a damn thing as a HC w/o the greatest QB in NFL history.  BP made a Super Bowl w/ Drew Bledsoe, BB went 5-13 w/ Drew Bledsoe.  let's not forget that,

@TomShane @T0mShane 

Here is my conjecture on the topic: 

I think that Belichick is a horrible person, difficult to get along with and horrible with the media.  Art Modell confirmed all this.  I would imagine Woodrow found it impossible to get a read on him and therefore kept Tubby around as a buffer.  Lil' Bill was tired of being under that huge but unusually shaped shadow and felt that Kraft had been ******* by Parcells in '96, so he skipped town. 

As of 2000 it was thought that Lil' Bill could not win without Big Bill.  As of 2017 we know Lil' Bill can win with Brady and no Big Bill, but Big Bill has never won so much as a single playoff game without that little lizard on his staff. 

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

@TomShane @T0mShane 

I think that Belichick is a horrible person, difficult to get along with and horrible with the media.  Art Modell confirmed all this.  I would imagine Woodrow found it impossible to get a read on him and therefore kept Tubby around as a buffer.  Lil' Bill was tired of being under that huge but unusually shaped shadow and felt that Kraft had been ******* by Parcells in '96, so he skipped town. 

As of 2000 it was thought that Lil' Bill could not win without Big Bill.  As of 2017 we know Lil' Bill can win with Brady and no Big Bill, but Big Bill has never won so much as a single playoff game without that little lizard on his staff. 

it was in BB's contract that BP would move upstairs when BB took over as HC.  as much as I like to blame BP(he deserves a big share) BB gladly accepted a million dollar check from hess not to leave after 1999(even though only one team expressed any interest in him) and he had a contract and bolted.  I give credit to Kraft, he got burned by BP thern burned BP a few years later and got the last laugh.

more like as of entering week 3 of 2001(Brady's 1st start) it was thought BB couldn't win w/o BP.  amazing how his career turned around once the greatest QB of all time became his starter and BB was such a genius that after going 5-11 in 2000 w/ that stiff Bledsoe he gave him a $100 mil extension.

On 7/6/2017 at 1:11 PM, #27TheDominator said:

@TomShane @T0mShane 

I, too, enjoy fan-fic, but I agree with some elements of this overly dramatic retelling of events. 

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

replacing the 80's uniforms.

that's all I got.

that was a disaster w/ the awful black trimmed uni's.  I wish we'd go back to the old 80s style uni w/ the current darker green.  I think it's time to change uni's.

Archived