"Premium" positions aka the money makers QB LT DE CB

19andOhWait

was doing some reading this weekend and saw a quote about those premium positions and how there are only so many QB's, LT's, DE's, CB's as opposed to LB's, S's, WR's and RB's. many members of this board have echoed similar thoughts over last few years. So to think that Mac went S / S / WR / WR last year is just gross. at least Adams and Maye look like a nice pairing and Ardarius could get there. but I'll be despondent if we go that route again this year. 

we are pretty much 0 for 4 right now. feels like QB will be addressed at 6. maybe Beachum holds up another couple years (signed for 2018 and 2019). who is rushing the passer? can we land Trumaine Johnson in free agency? I like our WR group. I like Leonard Williams in the middle. Lee hopefully continues to develop. 

ABSOLUTELY massive offseason for Mac. must do better at the premium positions. his track record is GREAT for first round picks (Texans drafts included) and AWFUL rest of drafts. its easy to pick out the top prospects each year. he must hit on day 2 this year must address pass rusher or CB. 

13 minutes ago, 19andOhWait said:

was doing some reading this weekend and saw a quote about those premium positions and how there are only so many QB's, LT's, DE's, CB's as opposed to LB's, S's, WR's and RB's. many members of this board have echoed similar thoughts over last few years. So to think that Mac went S / S / WR / WR last year is just gross. at least Adams and Maye look like a nice pairing and Ardarius could get there. but I'll be despondent if we go that route again this year. 

we are pretty much 0 for 4 right now. feels like QB will be addressed at 6. maybe Beachum holds up another couple years (signed for 2018 and 2019). who is rushing the passer? can we land Trumaine Johnson in free agency? I like our WR group. I like Leonard Williams in the middle. Lee hopefully continues to develop. 

ABSOLUTELY massive offseason for Mac. must do better at the premium positions. his track record is GREAT for first round picks (Texans drafts included) and AWFUL rest of drafts. its easy to pick out the top prospects each year. he must hit on day 2 this year must address pass rusher or CB. 

QB: Cousins LT: Beachum OLB: Chubb/Davenport CB: Fuller/Johnson/Butler. Boom. 

48 minutes ago, 19andOhWait said:

Surprise.  WRs make more than CBs now.  It's close but if Odell gets anywhere close to his way, the gap will widen even more.  

16 hours ago, Sully80 said:

QB: Cousins LT: Beachum OLB: Chubb/Davenport CB: Fuller/Johnson/Butler. Boom. 

think we're out on Cousins. this board doesn't seem to want to accept. Trumaine sounds like will stay on west coast unless we back up the biggest brinks truck possible. so I think we'd be looking at:

QB: day 1 draft Mayfield/Rosen LT: Beachum OLB: day 2 draft Josh Sweat/Lorenzo Carter CB: 1 or 2 FA (Fuller/Butler/Amukamura) and 1 draft pick day 2 (Donte Jackson/Nick Nelson/Carlton Davis) 

not bad. continue rebuilding with young talent. main point to my post being JUST ABOUT HAD IT with best player available theory, time to value these true skill positions or he'll be looking for a new job soon. 

15 hours ago, nycdan said:

Surprise.  WRs make more than CBs now.  It's close but if Odell gets anywhere close to his way, the gap will widen even more.  

it is close you are right. WR slight edge at the moment. best player below is probably Julio. out of those 6, I think I'd want him on my team the most. 

TOP 3 WR current guaranteed money: 49m D Hopkins 47m Julio 45m Dez

TOP 3 CB current guaranteed money: 50m Norman 47m P Peterson 41.5 D Trufant 

Archived