4 teams left standing

Preston Howley III

I noticed that the 3 teams left, all use running backs in tandem:

Panthers Foster, Goings

Broncos Anderson, Bell

Steelers Parker, Bettis

The 4th team, the Seahawks, feature exclusively, Shaun Alexander.

I'm partial to the tandem philosophy, and the fact that 3 out 4 teams left, use it, perhaps demonstrates that it is a winning philosophy. In any event, at least one team will make it to the superbowl, featuring two backs .

Thoughts?

I noticed that the 3 teams left, all use running backs in tandem:

Panthers Foster, Goings

Broncos Anderson, Bell

Steelers Parker, Bettis

The 4th team, the Seahawks, feature exclusively, Shaun Alexander.

I'm partial to the tandem philosophy, and the fact that 3 out 4 teams left, use it, perhaps demonstrates that it is a winning philosophy. In any event, at least one team will make it to the Super Bowl, featuring two backs .

Thoughts?

The lat time the Steelers made the Sb (1995) they had the tandem of Ericc Pegram and Bam Morris. I think that it's all coming down to QB play this year.

I'm pulling for a Big Ben / Jake Delhomme SB cause both are the gunslinger type. After that fumble the other day, i'm not so sure anymore that i want Bettis in short yardage situations. :shock:

Like the poster noted earlier, all this really proves is that an effective running game is important to get to the big dance. It matters little if the game features 1 back, or a committee. The ability to run, and run well, is of paramount importance.

Archived