Sign in to follow this  
Jet_Engine1

The line to apologize to Sam darnold starts right over there

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Every team has the same playbook, with the exact same plays inside and they call them at the exact same times in the game. 

When you think about it, Jermey Bates and Sean McVay are the same exact guy. 

McVay got his head coaching job in 2017, the same year Jeremy Bates returned from the mountains to become our QB coach.

We have never seen Bates and McVay in the same area at the same time.

The logical answer is that, during his trip to the Mountains, Bates learned the Navajo ritual of "spirit splitting" and sent multiple versions of himself to the NFL in order to begin his take over of the league. 

Everyone in the league now runs the same plays. 

Everyone. 

There are no "individuals" anymore.  Only one master.

Master. Bates.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.  IT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

such a weird thread.

thank god we have a rookie QB who isn't making the same excuses so many seem to want to make for him.

at times he has flat out sucked.  other times he hasn't.  this isn't rocket science.

In 2 games since Hue Jackson's firing: Baker Mayfield: 46 of 62 for 513 yards, 5 TDS, 1 INT, good for a 118.5 Passer rating. Nick Chubb: 42 carries, 261 yards, 6.2 YPC

"Firing both Todd Haley and Hue Jackson do nothing to benefit Baker Mayfield as a quarterback"- Cris Carter

Guys.

Coaches are all the same.

They don't do anything.

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Guys.

Coaches are all the same.

They don't do anything.

Random Q:

didnt you say you really wanted the Titans OC Matt L-however you spell his name?

Think he’s a good option? His offense just hung 30 on the Patriots. WCO/Kyle Shanahan coaching tree. Would be a easy transition for Sam..

The team is terrible, but Sam hasn’t distinguished himself at all this year. We heard the same excuses made for Geno Smith after his rookie year and how did that turn out?

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Random Q:

didnt you say you really wanted the Titans OC Matt L-however you spell his name?

Think he’s a good option? His offense just hung 30 on the Patriots. WCO/Kyle Shanahan coaching tree. Would be a easy transition for Sam..

Matt Lafleur, yeah.  I've made it very known 'round these parts that I am a huge fan of his, lol.

If he was the guy that we chose, I'd be ecstatic.

59 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

The team is terrible, but Sam hasn’t distinguished himself at all this year. We heard the same excuses made for Geno Smith after his rookie year and how did that turn out?

Sam has thrown 12TDs through 8 games this year.

Geno threw 12 TDs throughout the course of his 16 game rookie season.

The two could not be further apart in regards to how they've performed.

Look, I just spent an entire week ripping Darnold in over the top fashion, but at the end of the day, he has shown more than any QB we've drafted since Chad.  The immense talent, work ethic, and attitude are absolutely there, and he has flashed enough to give any reasonable person hope.  I'm not happy with the turnovers, but I think we got a big glimpse yesterday as to how bad things really are, talent and coaching wise.  He's a rookie.  A rookie in, arguably, the worst situation out of everyone else in his class, going against harder competition than anyone else from said class. 

Does he need to play better?  Hell yeah.  Do I put all of the blame on him right now?  Absolutely not.  It's not making excuses; it's realizing that there isn't a QB alive who could be doing anything different under these circumstances, never mind one who is a rookie.

Also, addressing Geno Smith specifically, if kept his head on straight, started putting in the effort needed to be great, and grew up a bit, he'd probably be a pretty decent QB.  A serviceable journeyman starter, ala Fitzpatrick, at the very least.  Hell, he's got age on his side if he can figure it out quick enough.  He came in for one game last year, looked pretty good (better than Eli for sure), got screwed, and handled it in the least mature way possible, guaranteeing his release, thus, throwing away any potential opportunities on teams that were looking for low risk-high reward reclamation projects, out the window.  His best chance of being "the guy" for us was 2015, where he was lighting it up in training camp, surround by top tier talent, a pretty good offensive coordinator, and he got his face punched in by a practice squad caliber teammate over $600, effectively ending his Jets career.  The year before that, he was supposed to make a leap from his rookie year, and he ended up telling a fan "go f*ck yourself" at the end of a home game, and missing a Thursday "install" practice in SD to watch a movie at a movie theater, because he forgot about time-zones.  You can't make those types of stories up.  Geno's failures are all on him.  If he actually put the work in and wasn't an absolutely insufferable and immature person, his career probably looks totally different.  Hell, he might still be here.

Maybe having Checkdown Charlie and Bubble Screen Bates tutoring 

Sam is a dumb idea, too.  Teaching him how to be Brad Davis or Alex 

Smith is a waste of a top three first rounder.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

McVay got his head coaching job in 2017, the same year Jeremy Bates returned from the mountains to become our QB coach.

We have never seen Bates and McVay in the same area at the same time.

The logical answer is that, during his trip to the Mountains, Bates learned the Navajo ritual of "spirit splitting" and sent multiple versions of himself to the NFL in order to begin his take over of the league. 

Everyone in the league now runs the same plays. 

Everyone. 

There are no "individuals" anymore.  Only one master.

Master. Bates.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.  IT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

Maybe Bates should have done his hiking in the Himalayas?

11 hours ago, Larz said:

Is it OK to criticize Sam or is he immaculate?

Got a cult like feel going on lol

It is just a comparative.  Both have stunk in the same situation.  

sam appears to have stunk less.  

a stink team will do that to you.

we thought sam was raw and immature.  Josh threw 2 picks yesterday that screamed "rookie".  But as i contend all the time, all qbs throw these kind of picks.  I do think Josh taught Sam how to get more of his passes bocked, though. :)

P.S.  My real question is who will explain to the Johnsons how bad this is? 

there are no football minds between them and the Katzenjammer Kids.  It is a vast wasteland