Ok...I'm convinced.

Jetster

43 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see Shady McCoy released after the season. Banging heads w/ McDermott.

Heck-of-a-lot cheaper than Bell at 80% performance of Bell.

Kareem Hunt should be available too.

Let's see what shakes loose at the end of the season.

Kareem Hunt will suspended for the entire season.  Please... please... stop mentioning him.  Among other reasons to leave him on the unemployment line.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

If we got a first down or two we run out the clock. You think Bell could have gotten us a first down or two? Bell is like an extra receiver on the field and keeps teams in their base defense.

The Rams, Chief's, and Saints basically have no defense to speak of. They're still doing pretty well.

We do need the edge rusher which is what you need for playing with the lead.

The thing is you can only get an edge in the draft because Gruden doesn't have anymore. 

Dude, the Saints have one of the top run stipping D's in the league and they have Cameron Jordan who is a monster.

Chiefs have really good young players like Jones. Rams have a good D. Not great but it keeps them in games. 

Agree with the OP. Qe need corners. Skrine put on a clinic yesterday  for everything you don't  want in a corner. I'd keep Claiborne  until qe have someone better but Johnson we can release. He was horrible.  

Not sold on Bell:

He has got some miles on him and has had a bad knee injury

I'm not particularly fond of his personality and holding out, but I get it. It’s all about the money.

The Steelers have had a very good to great run game this year without Bell. Connors ran great. Even Samuels has been lighting it up which leads me to believe it has more to do with the O-line, Rothlisburger and play calling that has made the Steelers ground game what it is.

McGuire is better than he looks with the current Offense and Cannon has potential. I’m in favor of going with a DP and using the money in other areas. 

Archived