Darnold pretty involved in HC Search (and other topics)

JetFreak89

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

arm chair critics said hackenburg was a joke awful  pick.  the smart posters said he was the future of the jets.

Gase might have been the best candidate out there and there are some high profile supporters that feel he is indeed the perfect guy for this team.

I do not think you can out right dismiss what the critics say though.  He was not overly successful for the phins and his offensive rankings have not been good.  To totally dismiss the guys record because of 'oh tannehill!' is not valid.

Time will tell.

I don't dismiss them  I just feel that they dismissed him.  Miami had sh*t talent for 3 years.  He wont be picking talent here and apparently did not sign on with the Dolphs with the understanding that he would be picking talent.  Merlin could not produce good offensive rankings with that QB he had.  There is no balance anywhere.  Not comparing Gase to BB, of course, but BB had about 5 years of uninspiring head coaching before it all clicked in for him.  Most coaches probably have a few tough years at the start.

19 hours ago, varjet said:

I am positive on Gase (+Hobbit) and Williams, particularly when compared to Bowles, Bates and Kacy.  Its not even close.

But Chris was definitely focused on "energy."  I think sometimes the energy can run out.  I don't see the Patriots worried about energy.  The buzz word in Foxboro is "professional."  Players and staff focus on their jobs and responsibilities.  There is no yelling and jumping around.  

I think we are in a needed intermediate step, but I think professional is more sustainable and successful, in the long run.  

You seem to think that Williams and Gase are  "mindless maniacs" that are just going to run around screaming and throwing sh*t, "all the live long day".  That won't be the "Gase".  There is nothing "unprofessional" about being intense, invested, detail oriented and yes, "demanding". These Coaches are both known to possess all of these qualities.  I think it's about time.   Success is what is  sustainable in the NFL.  That's what leads to longevity.  If they win they will be here a long time, if they don't,  it'll be 3 or 4 and done.  You cite the "professional" atmosphere in New Stinkland.  Don't fool yourself, there is plenty of pressure, expectation and I'm sure "yelling and jumping" around. None  of the Belicheat assistants impress as "choir boys".  They, to a man, present a aura of intense, less than friendly, accountability.  Just like their mentor.  Gase and Williams are both in that vein, perhaps more friendly and personable.  EMBRACE IT!

Archived