Top Pass Catching Group in the AFC East

Do the Jets have the Best Starting Pass Catchers in the AFC East?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Jets have the Best Starting Pass Catchers in the AFC East?

• Yes
    • No

The Draft Network is running a fun series over the summer on the top pass catchers in the NFL (WR, TE, and RB). Your NY Jets made it to the Elite 8 after handling business in the AFC East. Not sure we are going to go much farther though. Teams were matched up within the division in the first two rounds. Not sure how they will set up the elite 8 but I'm assuming they'll keep it within conferences and then have a super bowl matchup. The series I think factors in starters and backups. I kept the poll question to just starters because they play the majority of snaps. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/which-nfl-team-has-the-best-pass-catchers-round-of-16

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/which-nfl-team-has-the-best-pass-catchers-round-of-32

Jets: Robby WR, Enunwa WR, Crowder WR, Herndon TE and Bell RB

Pats: Edelman WR, Inman WR, Harry WR, Lacosse TE, Michel RB

Phins: Stills WR, Wilson WR, Grant WR, Gesicki TE, Drake RB

Bills: Brown WR, Beasley WR, Jones WR, Kroft TE, McCoy RB

Round of 32 Results:

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS DEF. MIAMI DOLPHINS

New England’s situation is up in the air without knowing what they’ll get out of Josh Gordon and Demaryius Thomas. Even with that unknown, their outlook is brighter than the Dolphins. 

Julian Edelman and N’Keal Harry might be the two most talented receivers in this matchup, and James White is one of the best pass catching running backs in the entire league. They have athleticism at tight end with Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Matt LaCosse, and their depth receiver pieces of Dontrelle Inman and Phillip Dorsett gives the overall group solid potential. If they get any production from their “unknown” players Gordon, Thomas and Ben Watson, their group will far outweigh the effects from the Dolphins mostly uninspiring group.

NEW YORK JETS DEF. BUFFALO BILLS

Both of these units have improved this offseason, and there isn’t much separating the two. However, the Jets group offers a much higher ceiling.

Between Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa and Jamison Crowder, the Jets have a legitimate top 3 wide receiver group. Add in promising second-year tight end Chris Herndon IV and one of the best pass catching running backs in NFL history in Le’Veon Bell, and their 11 personnel grouping could become lethal. Cole Beasley and John Brown improves the Bills pass catchers, but the Jets simply have the better talent.

Round of 16 Results:

NEW YORK JETS DEF. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

New England’s group of pass catchers has the ceiling to be the best in the league if everything comes together. However, there is currently a lot of unknown surrounding Josh Gordon (suspension) and Demaryius Thomas (injury). Meanwhile, the Jets have added outstanding pass catching talent this offseason.

With Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa and Jamison Crowder, New York has one of the better trios around the league. On top of that, Le’Veon Bell is one of the best pass catching running backs in the history of the NFL. Second-year tight end Chris Herndon IV looked promising as a rookie, offering a high ceiling. While somewhat unproven, the Jets unit could really explode this season and have a much clearer initial outlook than the Patriots.

I agree with the assessment.  If Gronk was still there it would be much closer and if they still had both Cooks and Gronk in addition to Edelman then I'd say it's clearly the Pats.  But the only guy on the Pats that still scares me besides Brady is Edelman.  They have to hope that Harry contributes right out of the gate his rookie year and that he hits his ceiling.  The Sony Michel knee situation is another concern for the Pats.

Let's beat those cheating chowda heads this season......twice!

bill murray yes GIF

• Upvote 3