Mel Kiper Jr. Draft Guru? Jets Rant!

The Fat Man

Lets face it. Mock drafts suck! People pretty much say the same garbage over and over! Who cares? Most picks are standard anyway. Mel Kiper Jr is th ESPN proclaimed king of picks. http://www.slate.com/id/104163

is a good read on this jackoff. He picks the average and everyone thinks he is great. Plus, you have to pay this mobster money to do it. Remeber Jeff Lageman...he hated Jeff. Jeff turned out to have a good career!

While we are on the discussion...enough already! People are not interested in your mock draft #12 or #20. Find something else to write about! If I made someone angry about this thread then tough.

I am sick of your thoughts on who the Jets are going to pick in April.

Lets face it. Mock drafts suck! People pretty much say the same garbage over and over! Who cares? Most picks are standard anyway. Mel Kiper Jr is th ESPN proclaimed king of picks. http://www.slate.com/id/104163

is a good read on this jackoff. He picks the average and everyone thinks he is great. Plus, you have to pay this mobster money to do it. Remeber Jeff Lageman...he hated Jeff. Jeff turned out to have a good career!

While we are on the discussion...enough already! People are not interested in your mock draft #12 or #20. Find something else to write about! If I made someone angry about this thread then tough.

First, let's get the Mel Kiper/Jeff Lageman scenario straight. Kiper never said he hated Jeff............you got it wrong. What Kiper was upset about, the NY Jet's organization reaching for Lageman at #14, when Lageman was rated as a second round pick. Kiper liked Lageman, but said the Jets have no clue on drafting......Lageman was a huge reach at the time and Mel was right. Kiper never hated Lageman.

As far as Mock drafts, some people like them , some don't. Don't read the Mocks if your not interested. There is plenty of other content on this site that may interest you.

One thing Kiper runs into that he and no one can say aloud-the teams themselves for the most part aren't telling the full story nor are the agents. They speak to coaches and go on campus, and that's the kind of stuff that they aren't discussing in public, and when some other team drafts a jerkoff they wil be high-fiving each other in the draft room. It's double blind. Neither are going to tell anyone that a player is a jerkoff or a turd that no team will invest top dollar into him. The only time anyone is remotely honest is when a team actually make a pick.

Which is why all these gurus talk up Vince Young when truth be told there are serious concerns if he's really an NFL QB at all or just a great college QB who's game doesn't translate into NFL. Now, I'm not saying Vince Young is a bad guy, just that there are serious and legit questions that seem to be getting glanced over in the draft press after his dominant Rose Bowl. Just ask the Bengals how great it was to pick Akili Smith and David Klingler to find out they couldn't play in the NFL.

The thing i hate about mock drafts is that if i like a player they have slated to go to my team then we don't pick him i'm PO'd. lol

Last year, for example, i was sure that Matt Jones would drop in our lap at 30. Then he went, so i started looking at Roddy White. Then Atlanta grabs him up 2 picks before us and i felt we were "stuck" with BPA in Heath miller. While i am on Heath's bandwagon now, you can ask most people here and they'll confirm that i didn't much want him in Steelers gear because i thought we wouldn't use him much in the passing game. It's all good now, of course, but i was a bit disappointed when we didn't get one of those deep threats. ;)

Which is why all these gurus talk up Vince Young when truth be told there are serious concerns if he's really an NFL QB at all or just a great college QB who's game doesn't translate into NFL. Now, I'm not saying Vince Young is a bad guy, just that there are serious and legit questions that seem to be getting glanced over in the draft press after his dominant Rose Bowl. Just ask the Bengals how great it was to pick Akili Smith and David Klingler to find out they couldn't play in the NFL.

NCAA Passing Yards per season Best 16 ever!

Timmy Chang, Hawaii (I-A) ....................... $2000-04 *2,587 16,910 6.54

Steve McNair, Alcorn St. (I-AA) ................. 1991-94 2,055 16,823 8.19

Ty Detmer, Brigham Young (I-A)................. 1988-91 1,795 14,665 8.17

Justin Peery, Westminster (Mo.) (III) ............ 1996-99 2,001 13,645 6.82

Philip Rivers, North Carolina St. (I-A).......... 2000-03 1,422 13,582 *9.55

Neil Lomax, Portland St. (II; I-AA)............... 1977; 78-80 1,901 13,345 7.02

Marcus Brady, Cal St. Northridge (I-AA) .... 1998-01 2,116 13,095 6.19

Willie Totten, Mississippi Val. (I-AA) ........... 1982-85 1,812 13,007 7.18

Kirk Baumgartner, Wis.-Stevens Point (III) .... 1986-89 2,007 12,767 6.36

Luke McCown, Louisiana Tech (I-A) ............ 2000-03 2,049 12,731 6.21

Tim Rattay, Louisiana Tech (I-A).................. 1997-99 1,705 12,618 7.40

Robert Kent, Jackson St. (I-AA) ................... 2000-03 1,928 12,538 6.33

Daunte Culpepper, UCF (I-AA; I-A)............. 1995-98 1,847 12,432 6.73

Chad Pennington, Marshall (I-AA, I-A) ........ 1995, 97-99 1,719 12,313 7.16

Jamie Martin, Weber St. (I-AA).................. 1989-92 1,838 12,287 6.68

Archived