Passing a physical question

NIGHT STALKER

What do you do with Chad Pennington if he doesn't pass his physical? Do you try and work with him or cut ties?

The reason why I'm asking is, if a FA comes in here and fails a physical, you would have to be nuts to sign him. Perhaps because we have already signed Pennington to that lucrative contract, we are forced to give it a go?

What do you do with Chad Pennington if he doesn't pass his physical? Do you try and work with him or cut ties?

The reason why I'm asking is, if a FA comes in here and fails a physical, you would have to be nuts to sign him. Perhaps because we have already signed Pennington to that lucrative contract, we are forced to give it a go?

I believe that it is widely expected that he will not be ready by the opening of training camp! If taht is true and he fails to restructure his contract, I think the JETS MUST cut him and take the cap hit this year! We are not exactly favorites to win the SB next year so clearing up our cap mess can take a priority status IMMEDIATELY this year. But whatever happens, I hope the JETS force him to enter in a QB competetion with a guy like SCHAUB or RIVERS for the starting QB job! If CHAD loses, I would cut him him! If he wins( and he has restructured) we have our #1 hopefully for awhile! I fear his medical history and weak arm. I am tired of the JETS giving into his reputation withour making him earn what he gets!( big contract). No mas! Let him do it the old fashioned way! EARN IT!

chad has almost zero chance of playing in the nfl next season. the jets know it and chad knows it. the best thing for all parties is to redo the deal and pay him the vet min over the next few years with incentives based on performance and performance only. that allows the jets to keep prorating the $17M over the life of the contract and min the cap hit. it also allows chad to keep collecting a paycheck (which no one else will give him next season).

if the nfl can't extend the collective bargaining agreement chad will be cut immediately.

Archived