5 Questions With Jason Giambi

Maxman

How are you feeling and are you ready for Spring Training?

I'm ready to go. It's been great being able to train. Last year, before the season, I missed a couple of months just trying to get healthy. It's been exciting starting from Day 1 like I've normally done, training and working out. I feel great and I'm excited to get playing.

How different is everything from a year ago?

Oh, I'm excited. It's over, beyond, and now I'm going forward. Hopefully I'll get that first ring. It was exciting to be a part of Johnny Damon [coming to the Yankees], and getting to talk to him on the phone during the whole process. It's going to be a lot of fun this year.

What is your relationship like with Damon?

We're great friends. My brother played with him in Kansas City and then, of course, I played with him in Oakland. He's a tremendous athlete. I remember talking to [Yankees general manager Brian] Cashman when I first signed over here about Johnny, and I know at the beginning, [people] were, 'Oh my God, can he handle New York?' But of course he went to Boston and had an incredible four years over there, and he's really going to help us out.

Do you think having Damon on the team will change the clubhouse atmosphere?

That's tough. That's the same question everybody asked me when I got over there. Like I told Johnny, every day in New York is like when we play Yankees/ Boston. There's a lot of writers and a lot of TV, so it's hard. You have your fun, but you have it different -- it's really hard to be in the clubhouse and do a lot of things because there's just so many people. I know it was a big thing last year when I got to play the music all the time.

What are you expecting your time in the field to be like this year? A lot of first base. I'm excited and I feel great. I'll just do what I can. I told them, I definitely can win more games with my bat than I'll lose with my glove. It's definitely an even trade.

I'm ready to go. It's been great being able to train. Last year, before the season, I missed a couple of months just trying to get healthy. It's been exciting starting from Day 1 like I've normally done, training and working out. I feel great and I'm excited to get playing.

Oh, I'm excited. It's over, beyond, and now I'm going forward. Hopefully I'll get that first ring. It was exciting to be a part of Johnny Damon [coming to the Yankees], and getting to talk to him on the phone during the whole process. It's going to be a lot of fun this year.

What is your relationship like with Damon?

We're great friends. My brother played with him in Kansas City and then, of course, I played with him in Oakland. He's a tremendous athlete. I remember talking to [Yankees general manager Brian] Cashman when I first signed over here about Johnny, and I know at the beginning, [people] were, 'Oh my God, can he handle New York?' But of course he went to Boston and had an incredible four years over there, and he's really going to help us out.

That's tough. That's the same question everybody asked me when I got over there. Like I told Johnny, every day in New York is like when we play Yankees/ Boston. There's a lot of writers and a lot of TV, so it's hard. You have your fun, but you have it different -- it's really hard to be in the clubhouse and do a lot of things because there's just so many people. I know it was a big thing last year when I got to play the music all the time.

What are you expecting your time in the field to be like this year? A lot of first base. I'm excited and I feel great. I'll just do what I can. I told them, I definitely can win more games with my bat than I'll lose with my glove. It's definitely an even trade.

Reading what is between the lines.

I'm ready to go. It's been great being able to train (i.e. take roids again). Last year, before the season, I missed a couple of months just trying to get healthy (i.e. missed a few cycles trying to avoid failing a drug test) . It's been exciting starting from Day 1 like I've normally done, training and working out (i.e. taking roids again). I feel great and I'm excited to get playing.

Oh, I'm excited (i.e. I can take roids again). It's over, beyond, and now I'm going forward (i.e. baseball fans are putzes and as long as I am producing, they could care less if I take roids again). Hopefully I'll get that first ring (i.e. now that I can take roids again, I can lift the heavy ring). It was exciting to be a part of Johnny Damon [coming to the Yankees], and getting to talk to him on the phone during the whole process (i.e. I am gay and I can take roids again). . It's going to be a lot of fun this year (i.e. I can take roids again).

That's tough. That's the same question everybody asked me when I got over there (i.e. we are all self centered a-holes anyways, plus who gives a **** I can take roids again).. Like I told Johnny, every day in New York is like when we play Yankees/ Boston (i.e. plus, roids are real easy to get here - Shef has all the connections).. There's a lot of writers and a lot of TV, so it's hard (i.e. to avoid getting caught with roids again).. You have your fun, but you have it different -- it's really hard to be in the clubhouse (i.e. I have to inject my roids at home) and do a lot of things because there's just so many people (i.e. and A-Rod is gay and as soon as you drop them mdrawers he is on you like white on rice). I know it was a big thing last year when I got to play the music all the time (i.e. it covered up when I cried like a little girl when I got my shot in the ass).

What are you expecting your time in the field to be like this year?

A lot of first base (i.e. Roids has robbed me of my snail like speed). . I'm excited and I feel great (i.e. I can take roids again). . I'll just do what I can (i.e. take roids again). . I told them, I definitely can win more games with my bat than (i.e. because I can take roids again). I'll lose with my glove. It's definitely an even trade. (i.e. because I can take roids again).

Reading what is between the lines.

I'm ready to go. It's been great being able to train (i.e. take roids again). Last year, before the season, I missed a couple of months just trying to get healthy (i.e. missed a few cycles trying to avoid failing a drug test) . It's been exciting starting from Day 1 like I've normally done, training and working out (i.e. taking roids again). I feel great and I'm excited to get playing.

POTW right there. Hysterical.

Archived