Offensive Line Changes

BigOrangeJetFan

Not being able to see the Green and White very often, I don't know much about the progress of Adrian Jones. Is he a keeper?

How bad was Kendall as center? Good enough to let Mawae go and free up cap room, or is there a FA bargain lurking out there to get us younger?

Adrian Jones did well last year. Ideally he would be playing RT at this point but he was the least of their problems last year.

Kendall is not a Center. Unless of course you have a QB that likes the ball rolled to him!

Kendall was a mistake to put at center last year- it created more holes in every position in the offensive line

Jones is still learning the position -was not bad last year his first year-still IMO a work in progress

Kendall was a mistake to put at center last year- it created more holes in every position in the offensive line

Absolutely agree. imho the biggest mistake an OL coach can make is shuffling his lineman around to compensate for an injury. It destroys chemistry.

I hated it when the now fired OL coach at Miami did it- I used to call it the Kehoe Shuffle.

Adrian Jones just did an interview on Sirius NFL Radio. He said he hopes he can stay at LT because he feels more comfortable there. However, that may be the agent in him talking because LT's get the $$$.

I dont know what Jones feels comfortable about at LT? All I know is that he always backpedals to create the wide open between Jones and Moore which allows RE turn inside to attack either rb or qb...... I dont like that.. He is below average LT as for right now. I hope Mangini and Schottenheimer preach Jones about less space allowance between he and LG...

I like Colledge over Jones at LT easily... We will see in training camp.

I dont know what Jones feels comfortable about at LT? All I know is that he always backpedals to create the wide open between Jones and Moore which allows RE turn inside to attack either rb or qb...... I dont like that.. He is below average LT as for right now. I hope Mangini and Schottenheimer preach Jones about less space allowance between he and LG...

I like Colledge over Jones at LT easily... We will see in training camp.

Its a zone blocking scheme, and Jones was good at left tackle last year.

Moore is the left guard, him and Jones didnt line up next to each other after the 3rd game of the season. Moore struggled bigtime last year. They gave him a contract extension after the 2004 season, maybe he slacked off alittle bit, or isnt athletic enough for the zoneblocking scheme, but he had a hard time with passblocking last year. Jones only gave up sacks at left tackle to inside moves, passrushers going outside couldnt get past him, he's very athletic.

Archived