Gil Brandt States the Obvious: Jets Should go OT

13 hours ago, jgb said:

No, BAP! If BAP happens to be a run stuffing DL with a 5.1 40 time, so be in!

I've been saying this for a while, we want a modified Best Player Available approach. I call it the BOPATM. Cut the group in half and focus on the best offensive guy who is there at #11.

6 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Odds are at least one of the top 4 tackles will be there at 11, and i don’t think that douglas would take a wr over one of them.  But i also think he’s going to get calls from Denver and Atlanta when they’re on the clock.  The question i have is, would douglas value a 3rd and a 4th rounder from atlanta to move back to 16, knowing he’s not getting, say, Thomas, who is available at 11 but probably not at 16?  Would he take Austin jackson at 16, Justin Jefferson?  Truth i think Jefferson is nearly as good as lamb and jeudy, but still, is this a better outcome than simply taking Thomas at 11 even if you don’t think he’ll be a star.  

The scenario I’m thinking may have a lot of merit is trading back and taking jackson.  This would give them a young athletic LT who fits the athletic mold they’re looking for, and also give them extra picks on day 2.

If Atlanta is looking to move up past #11 we'd have to make that trade before the draft, so that's pretty unlikely to happen on draft day (a player Atlanta wants needs to have slipped to us, and they'd have kept it in their pants through picks 10, 9, 8, etc. AND one of our top 2 or 3 LT prospect has to be there, so things would have to happen just-so for that to occur.

If we were looking at the 4th OT off the board at #11...I don't know maybe it's me but I just don't see it. That's a position slot you take after trading down, unless the 4th OT off the board was really the guy ranked 3rd (or even 2nd) at the position on the Douglas board. But I don't pretend to be one to grade prospects myself so who knows.