we need to find hidden gems in the draft!

Kentucky Jet

Here is a kid that will come on strong in the NFL. He should be availabe on day 2.

Charles Spencer | #56

Offensive Tackle - Pittsburgh

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 330

Another solid lineman from Pittsburgh, Spencer plays very good football for the Panthers. The one thing that definitely stands out to me with Spencer is his play from the point of attack. He is very powerful at that point taking defenders out of plays allowing the offense to be more productive. He is also quite a good athlete displaying nice range when blocking and a nice ability to move laterally and slide. He has a nice build and frame with good overall size. One thing Spencer has failed to do throughout his career is perform consistently, which is something he will need to prove to increase his draft stock. He is also a converted defensive lineman, so from a technical standpoint, he isn't elite by any means. If he can refine his technique and be more consistent, I think he could find his way into the first day, but right now, he is an early second day choice.

Strengths:

Most expect Spencer to play OG in the NFL, not OT.

Correct.

Charles Spencer had a great senior bowl week. If you have the game on tape like I do, watch the 4th quarter and keep an eye on Charles Spencer. He absolutely DOMINATES. And he is very quick and athletic for his size, IMO, much quicker and more athletic than Max Jean Gilles. Probably not as polished as Jean Gilles, but his talent equally great, as is the potential. Spencer is another Guard that was a former Dlineman.

Archived