DFat

PatsFanTX

1). Will he need another 3 or 4 years to develop into the player you "think" he might be?

2) I have never said that, and I don't think any other Pats fans have said that as well. What we have said consistently from the day DFat was drafted was the Jets gave up way too much in return for a player who has only performed as well as a late 1st round-early 2nd round draft pick.

3) This excuse is totally ridiculous. If the Jets defense could have stopped the run last year and created a few more 3-and-outs, they'd be off the field. Is it the fault of the offense that teams ran the ball at will against the Jets and had long, time consuming drives?

The Jets defense kept them in the games for the most part until it really took an emotional and physical toll on them in the 2nd half of the season.

The Jets offense produced the fewest first downs in the NFL, and you're gonna tell me that didnt effect the defense? Come on.

The Jets defense kept them in the games for the most part until it really took an emotional and physical toll on them in the 2nd half of the season.

The Jets offense produced the fewest first downs in the NFL, and you're gonna tell me that didnt effect the defense? Come on.

Did the Jet defense keep them in the game against the Chiefs in the opener?:eek:

Pure and simple, the Jets defense just could not stop the run last year. You know as well as I, that is the kiss of death in the NFL.

Yes, the offense didn't help, but to try and justify the poor performance of the offense as the reason why the defense sucked so bad, is just ridiculous.

Did the Jet defense keep them in the game against the Chiefs in the opener?:eek:

Pure and simple, the Jets defense just could not stop the run last year. You know as well as I, that is the kiss of death in the NFL.

Yes, the offense didn't help, but to try and justify the poor performance of the offense as the reason why the defense sucked so bad, is just ridiculous.

wow ok 1 game the Jets got trampled vs an offensive machine.

But the rest of the games after that point they were the ONLY reason we were still fighting midway thru the 3rd quarter.

Teams just controlled the clock and ran the ball because the pathetic Jets offense could never score a touchdown. The defense was decent last year, it didnt suck. It looked alot worse than what they really were because the Jets offense was horrible.

Teams just controlled the clock and ran the ball because the pathetic Jets offense could never score a touchdown.

What would have happened if the Jets defense stopped teams from "running the ball and controlling the clock"?:eek:

Barton, your arguement is very weak.

Open you eyes, the Jets defense wasn't ranked 31st because of the offense.

What would have happened if the Jets defense stopped teams from "running the ball and controlling the clock"?:eek:

Barton, your arguement is very weak.

Open you eyes, the Jets defense wasn't ranked 31st because of the offense.

The defense was too damn tired and worn out to consistently stop the run by the 2nd half of the season.

They're not machines, tx. Players get tired. You cant keep forcing 3 and outs, and limiting offenses to field goals or no points. The Jets defense usually never gave up alot of points in the 1st half, moreso in the 2nd half when they got tired of being on the field every 2 minutes they yieled alot of touchdowns.

The defense was too damn tired and worn out to consistently stop the run by the 2nd half of the season.

They're not machines, tx. Players get tired. You cant keep forcing 3 and outs, and limiting offenses to field goals or no points. The Jets defense usually never gave up alot of points in the 1st half, moreso in the 2nd half when they got tired of being on the field every 2 minutes they yieled alot of touchdowns.

Barton - What was the combined 1st half scores? Wasn't it like 100-7 at one point? This defense was garbage especially up the gut and D Fat will not last with this regime. He is not big enough or physical enough. He is a little one gap DT with a bum knee.

Barton - What was the combined 1st half scores? Wasn't it like 100-7 at one point? This defense was garbage especially up the gut and D Fat will not last with this regime. He is not big enough or physical enough. He is a little one gap DT with a bum knee.
100-7? Thats pretty a pretty ignorant guess. Anyway, here's the real numbers:

Cumulative combined scores (Opponents-Jets):

1st Half_____2nd Half

17-0________10-7

17-10_______17-14

27-17_______27-27

33-17_______34-30

42-24_______37-37

59-34_______47-44

79-41_______54-51

100-51______64-67

110-54______84-67

127-54______94-67

141-63______101-77

147-66______111-77

150-74______118-97

160-84______132-107

181-91______142-121

194-108_____155-134

Other than three games, weeks 1(L),5(W) and 10(L), time of possession in the first half had a significant correlation with the final score of the game.

We allowed more points in the first half, and scored less points in the first half. Because of that, we went into halftime behind in 12 of our 16 games. We lost 11 of those and won the other by 2 points. We went into the half ahead in 3 games and won all three. The other game, week 15 vs miami, we went in tied at the half and lost by 4 points. We lost in 1st half TOP in 12 of the 16 games, we won two of those games (-15:40 week 5,-6:18 week 17).

I don't know what to take from all that, maybe the defense just wasn't very good, or maybe because our offense came out so slow (averaging less than a touchdown per game in the first half) that our defense couldn't keep up. They allowed fewer scores in the second half vs the first though (9.69 vs 12.13), that could be because the offense picked up the pace(8.38 vs 6.75), but probably not. That was probably due to opposing offenses lightening up on them a little bit due to having a lead.

1st Half_____2nd Half

17-0________10-7

17-10_______17-14

27-17_______27-27

33-17_______34-30

42-24_______37-37

59-34_______47-44

79-41_______54-51

100-51______64-67

110-54______84-67

127-54______94-67

141-63______101-77

147-66______111-77

150-74______118-97

160-84______132-107

181-91______142-121

194-108_____155-134

Other than three games, weeks 1(L),5(W) and 10(L), time of possession in the first half had a significant correlation with the final score of the game.

We allowed more points in the first half, and scored less points in the first half. Because of that, we went into halftime behind in 12 of our 16 games. We lost 11 of those and won the other by 2 points. We went into the half ahead in 3 games and won all three. The other game, week 15 vs miami, we went in tied at the half and lost by 4 points. We lost in 1st half TOP in 12 of the 16 games, we won two of those games (-15:40 week 5,-6:18 week 17).

I don't know what to take from all that, maybe the defense just wasn't very good, or maybe because our offense came out so slow (averaging less than a touchdown per game in the first half) that our defense couldn't keep up. They allowed fewer scores in the second half vs the first though (9.69 vs 12.13), that could be because the offense picked up the pace(8.38 vs 6.75), but probably not. That was probably due to opposing offenses lightening up on them a little bit due to having a lead.

gooooooooood info---much thanks sharrow

1st Half_____2nd Half

17-0________10-7

17-10_______17-14

27-17_______27-27

33-17_______34-30

42-24_______37-37

59-34_______47-44

79-41_______54-51

100-51______64-67

110-54______84-67

127-54______94-67

141-63______101-77

147-66______111-77

150-74______118-97

160-84______132-107

181-91______142-121

194-108_____155-134

I meant 1st quarter not half and I exadurated a little bit. But the Jets were outscored 85-23 in the first quarter of games this year to be exact. Good defenses do not allow opponents to jump out to that kind of a lead throughout a season.

No need for insults either - this isn't your freshman gym class little man.

If anyone has a problem with that picture, they're being way too sensitive for their own good, not to mention the mentally challenged's good. Just cause we have a bunch of them posting here doesn't mean they understand when they're being made fun of.
Actually, I am very offended by that picture and don't believe I am being too sensitive. But why would I expect you to understand...

Actually, I am very offended by that picture and don't believe I am being too sensitive. But why would I expect you to understand...

Believe it or not you are too sensitive. And I understand, I really do. I understand that you can't take a joke. People like you are the reason why political correctness has gotten way out of hand.

Archived