Recruiting for my 2022 leagues now

Dcat

@Paradis is in for next year. @heymangold joined this year. I've also got one more (not from this site) aboard for 2022.

I'm actually looking forward to having several additional new openings for 2022, so let me know if you want in.  I've got a handful of GMs of my 36 teams (3 leagues) who just can't get over that they've been paroled from Shawshank Prison (Yahoo) and they are acting just like Brooks did when he had to leave.  They simply cannot function outside of Yahoo's walls and there are two in particular who are bitching and whining about anything and everything one public and the other private. So I expect them to be leaving the leagues after this year. 

We play on RTSports and that's where the league will remain.  After evaluating all the sites, it, IMO, is the best.  I expect to have about 4 maybe 5 GMs who just can't handle the change after 20 years at Shawshank Yahoo, leave. That's fine.. in fact there's one dude that everyone will absolutely be happy when he leaves too.

These are competitive leagues with players who know what they are doing.  Entry fee this year was $200 and will probably be the same next year.

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

@Paradis is in for next year. @heymangold joined this year. I've also got one more (not from this site) aboard for 2022.

I'm actually looking forward to having several additional new openings for 2022, so let me know if you want in.  I've got a handful of GMs of my 36 teams (3 leagues) who just can't get over that they've been paroled from Shawshank Prison (Yahoo) and they are acting just like Brooks did when he had to leave.  They simply cannot function outside of Yahoo's walls and there are two in particular who are bitching and whining about anything and everything one public and the other private. So I expect them to be leaving the leagues after this year. 

We play on RTSports and that's where the league will remain.  After evaluating all the sites, it, IMO, is the best.  I expect to have about 4 maybe 5 GMs who just can't handle the change after 20 years at Shawshank Yahoo, leave. That's fine.. in fact there's one dude that everyone will absolutely be happy when he leaves too.

These are competitive leagues with players who know what they are doing.  Entry fee this year was $200 and will probably be the same next year.

lol. love the passion. As a fellow commish in my own leagues, i applaud your iron fist response. Get on board or GTFO is the only msg haha

I've played on every platform. We host ours on MFL for abilities to customize icons, smack talk, practice squads etc. but whatevs. I'm less fond of the network supported ones overall. CBS, ESPN, NFL.com etc

38 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol. love the passion. As a fellow commish in my own leagues, i applaud your iron fist response. Get on board or GTFO is the only msg haha

I've played on every platform. We host ours on MFL for abilities to customize icons, smack talk, practice squads etc. but whatevs. I'm less fond of the network supported ones overall. CBS, ESPN, NFL.com etc

There's really only one GM in the 3 leagues who people don't like.  I hope the others warm up to the improvements, but if they don't, I have no problem replacing them.  It's like the 5 stages of grieving.  First they were in the denial stage and refused to study all the features at the site.  They are now in the anger/bargaining stages in nitpicking every possible flaw they can find on the new site while ignoring all the deficiencies of the former site.  It's truly laughable. 

I am certainly not changing the trajectory of my leagues after 20 years of running them because a few owners won't stop crying over sh*tty yahoo. The phone app is not as functional as it should be and certainly behind yahoo's, I'll give them that.  But theyare adding features and promised to have draft pick trading and IR functionality on the phone app.  RIght now IR has to be done on the website, although you can easily do it on your phone. 

I've played on many platforms.  The worst is NFL.com.  And the stereotypic Yahoo and ESPN are good for very simple leagues (and the simple minded), but offer zero flexibility with anything.  MFL is the absolute most customizable.  But it takes a lot of work to get it right.  RT is very customizable with all that.  You can pretty much link to and anything visual.  Its draft platform is great. It's game day reporting is fast and accurate. Yahoo is always the worst with that.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 11:12 AM, Dcat said:

So after blasting League GM’s for bitching about RT Sports, you agree 3 months later and will be moving forward with ESPN? Maybe you owe them an apology?

On 1/28/2022 at 12:49 PM, Dcat said:

Leagues will likely be moving to ESPN.  RTS has too many issues with IR and player status designations always being late.  Not good. 

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

So after blasting League GM’s for bitching about RT Sports, you agree 3 months later and will be moving forward with ESPN? Maybe you owe them an apology?

DO I owe an apology to 2 or 3 GMs out of the 26 who do nothing but complain, whine, bitch and moan about everything, all the time?  Not in the least.   As the season progressed we discovered more problems there than we had bargained for.  Then realized that RTS was not going to work because the site simply doesn't update player status (out, quest, doubtful and doesn't combine the Inactive list on game day with the injury reports like other sites.)  It was a mutual agreement and no apology is needed.  Yahoo still sucks and any GM who hates change is in the wrong league.     And the 2 of them owe the other 24 GMs apologies because of "Yahoo" or bust stand.  They be going bye-bye.    It's a good thing.  After 22 years the commish needs more respect than that. Funny thing is I have one guy who left and is now asking to come back.  I run 3 very good leagues and, in Chad Pennington style, they are realizing it is a privilege to participate.  :)