Very Interesting Article About The Qb Destinations

GREENSMACKS

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/14064242.htm

This shocked me the most

s for Brees, an NFL source said New Orleans has stepped forward as the strongest contender for his services. The Saints, Dolphins and Detroit have reportedly been the strongest suitors to date, but the Saints have guaranteed more money than the other two teams.

All three are still considered to be in the running, but the NFL source said the Saints appeared to be the strongest.

''From what I know right now, it's set where he's going, and it's not Miami,'' the source said.

Its the morning edition of the Herald. I assume there legit and current.

Im just pointing out the Miami herald might not have the inside track on whats going on in ny. The Ny guys are saying we might have offered a deal,none of them reported we also made him a contract offer.

I do not see why we would offer Ramsey an extension. He has one year left at less than 2 million. If Penny cannot play to a level that he and the staff are comfortable with and Ramsey stinks up the joint, Ramsey is off the books and 2007 we could draft a QB of the future.

I do not see why we would offer Ramsey an extension. He has one year left at less than 2 million. If Penny cannot play to a level that he and the staff are comfortable with and Ramsey stinks up the joint, Ramsey is off the books and 2007 we could draft a QB of the future.

What if he comes here and the light turns on for him? The Jets want to cover their ass and keep the guy if they can. Signing him to a deal now gets a better price than we would if he was lights out all yr. He would hold us over the coals for a lot of coin or he would walk. At this point he hasn't done squat and we could lock him up for 4 yrs and a little more than his current price.

What if he comes here and the light turns on for him? The Jets want to cover their ass and keep the guy if they can. Signing him to a deal now gets a better price than we would if he was lights out all yr. He would hold us over the coals for a lot of coin or he would walk. At this point he hasn't done squat and we could lock him up for 4 yrs and a little more than his current price.

That's true. It's a catch-22.

Archived