The Vikings overplayed their hand W Culpepper

Smizzy

Titans | Team out of Culpepper race

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:28:16 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton and Len Pasquarelli report Tennessee Titans general manager Floyd Reese officially notified the Minnesota Vikings that he is no longer interested and won't do any more bidding for QB Daunte Culpepper. Reese labeled the talks exploratory and said he liked the current group of Titans quarterbacks. He said that the Titans will concentrate on longer term solutions in the future as opposed to a short-term acquisition. The Titans were reportedly a finalist in the Culpepper bidding, along with the Miami Dolphins and Oakland Raiders. The Vikings overplayed their hand at bit Friday, March 10, by putting a deadline on three of the teams they were talking to in trade conversations. All three had the perception from the Vikings that one of the teams was offering a second-round pick.

Doh.

I dunno... I mean, that was amusing, but this is a new owner, new front office, and they're making the same mistakes. This might make me laugh more.

It's nice to be able to laugh at another teams front office for once.

It's nice to be able to laugh at another teams front office for once.

Ain't it? I mean, over the past few years, both the Lions and Jets have made questionable moves, but they really have never f'ed up the draft in that manner, or tried to do any of their in house business in public. Or had a sex boat scandel.

Archived