Cleveland?

MikeJetsWord

With all of these big name signings in Cleveland, do you think that they have what it takes to be a Super Bowl Contender?

I think that they could contend, but I'm not sure if they can go al the way. They have good enough coaching, with Romeo Crenell, to get them deep into the playoffs, but the question I think really is, does Frye have enough to lead his team to the playoffs, and even a Super Bowl?

But I think that this success will only last for a short period of time. Free Agency I think is when you improve for the short term, and Draft for the long run.

Any thoughts?

They are definately on the rise but they will/should be playing Charlie Frye(basically a rookie)

Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow, and Gary Baxter are all coming back after season ending injuries so you never know if they will be back 100%.

The OL has definately improved....They re-signed Droughns...

With a good draft they will be in good shape EXCEPT the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens are in the division...not a good thing

They are definately on the rise but they will/should be playing Charlie Frye(basically a rookie)

Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow, and Gary Baxter are all coming back after season ending injuries so you never know if they will be back 100%.

The OL has definately improved....They re-signed Droughns...

With a good draft they will be in good shape EXCEPT the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens are in the division...not a good thing

i wouldnt count on winslow,,looks like a major all time ryan leaf like turd in the making

The Browns made some really good moves. I've seen Frye play in college and was very impressed the few times I saw him. I think he will be good enough to manage the game. That is what Parcells and Belichick like to do first. Get a QB to manage the game first. If he can do more then great but his first role is to manage the game. Based on the moves they made they are looking to run the ball and stop the run. They were fairly competitive last year and now they will shorten the games. They have 3 pretty good backs (although they are hurt a lot) in Droughns, Suggs and Green. I could see them trading Green or Suggs to fill a need...

makin strides, but they in same division as pitt and cinn,,

tuf division brewin there,,,

You can say that again. If Baltimore gets themselves a half way decent QB, we got one hell of a division race IMO. Who knows how Charlie Frye pans out, though. He's at least better than Kyle Boller so far though. I'm expecting the AFC North to be the toughest div in football next year. Hell, with so many impact players in the div, they could be dominant for a few years to come.

You can say that again. If Baltimore gets themselves a half way decent QB, we got one hell of a division race IMO. Who knows how Charlie Frye pans out, though. He's at least better than Kyle Boller so far though. I'm expecting the AFC North to be the toughest div in football next year. Hell, with so many impact players in the div, they could be dominant for a few years to come.

God, I hate to agree with any Steeler fan, but Paul has got a point here. Especially about Boller. What a chump.

boller4ds.jpg

Archived