Jordan Davis will outweigh your offensive linemen and outrun your QB

27 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It’s more that he became less effective every time he played more than 35% of snaps and was the 3rd best DT on his roster. Great upside and the snaps he plays will probably be super fun to watch.

This is the issue I have with taking him.  Yes he is talented and possibly dominant but it will likely only be 25 or so snaps per game which is where his value diminishes. 

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

It’s more that he became less effective every time he played more than 35% of snaps and was the 3rd best DT on his roster. Great upside and the snaps he plays will probably be super fun to watch.

I think this is where some are going wrong in their evaluation of Davis.  He’s a presence guy, the planet theory, the fact he is a freak just makes him even more special.  Hence why I find the data around the overall impact of when he’s in the game vs out to be much more compelling then his individual stats.  Factor in how Georgia used him, it’s kind of mind blowing what his presence does, especially for some who was off the field on most 3rd downs. 

I get that people are worried about what he’s like when he plays more but I feel like it’s over blown and it can also be applied to any UGA player yet half of that D is going to go top 100. 

46 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I think this is where some are going wrong in their evaluation of Davis.  He’s a presence guy, the planet theory, the fact he is a freak just makes him even more special.  Hence why I find the data around the overall impact of when he’s in the game vs out to be much more compelling then his individual stats.  Factor in how Georgia used him, it’s kind of mind blowing what his presence does, especially for some who was off the field on most 3rd downs. 

I get that people are worried about what he’s like when he plays more but I feel like it’s over blown and it can also be applied to any UGA player yet half of that D is going to go top 100. 

We do need someone to help us get into more 3rd and long situations where he'd typically be off the field. I don't know if a first round pick is worth it but someone will take him in the first. I'd feel a lot better about it if we had 3 first round picks - which we can make happen if we want.