Latest on Abraham Situation

Latinlawyer

Rich Cimini writes in Today's Daily News:

"Privately, the Jets are saying they'd sooner keep Abraham, against his wishes, than trade him for less than a first-round pick. Lurking in the shadows are the Seahawks, who have offered their first-rounder (No. 31). The Jets will accept that proposal, but Abraham apparently doesn't want to play in Seattle. "

I wholeheartedly agree..JA is worth more than the 47th pick of the draft.

LL

Rich Cimini writes in Today's Daily News:

"Privately, the Jets are saying they'd sooner keep Abraham, against his wishes, than trade him for less than a first-round pick. Lurking in the shadows are the Seahawks, who have offered their first-rounder (No. 31). The Jets will accept that proposal, but Abraham apparently doesn't want to play in Seattle. "

I wholeheartedly agree..JA is worth more than the 47th pick of the draft.

LL

I read your posts just so I can look at your signature, makes my day every time.

:cheers:

IF WE KEEP J ABRAHAM WONT HE BE A DISGRUNTLED PLAYER:confused: ,WHY WOULD A YOUNG FIRST TIME COACH AND FRON T OFFICE EVEN CONSIDER

THIS. I KNOW THEY WANT THE BEST OFFER THEY CAN GET, WHEN IS IT TIME TO CUR YOUR LOSSES AND MOVE ON???

He's not going to dog it on the field, nor will he be a locker room issue. Notice last year he played every game with no injury issues? He was playing under the tag trying to gain a contract. If he ends up playing for us under the tag, he's going to be in the same situation and will have to play hard to get a long term deal elsewhere again.

He's not going to dog it on the field, nor will he be a locker room issue. Notice last year he played every game with no injury issues? He was playing under the tag trying to gain a contract. If he ends up playing for us under the tag, he's going to be in the same situation and will have to play hard to get a long term deal elsewhere again.

Boozer, that was because he wanted to get paid & sign his tender just before the start of the season.

I don't believe that if we keep him, he will sign & he may just sit out most of the '06 season & wait to become a Falcon in '07.

I don't believe that if we keep him, he will sign & he may just sit out most of the '06 season & wait to become a Falcon in '07.

And if he does that he'll make 1/3 of what he would make playing out this next season and then signingon the free market. You could call Abe alot of things and say he may not be too bright, but I highly doubt he's duymb enough to throw away millions. And if he is, I damn sure klnow his agent isn't.

And if he does that he'll make 1/3 of what he would make playing out this next season and then signingon the free market. You could call Abe alot of things and say he may not be too bright, but I highly doubt he's duymb enough to throw away millions. And if he is, I damn sure klnow his agent isn't.

He's not going to sit out 10 games, then play the last 6, and be free next season. He will get almost no offers compared to what the Falcons are rumored to have offered.

Why don't the Raiders get involved for Abe? He seems like the perfect fit, attitude-wise, for that team.

Boozer, that was because he wanted to get paid & sign his tender just before the start of the season.

I don't believe he can do this, under the terms of the franchise tag. Once he signs, he cannot skip camp, practice or games.

I may be wrong, but I thought I remembered reading this somewhere.

Now, Abe could be a complete dog and pull a TO, claiming he's injured, etc and half ass it, but he does so at the risk of losing respect and contract offers from around the league. Then again, TO did this, was a complete cancer, and still managed to get $10M in guaranteed funds from Dallas.

This case is different from guys like Adewalye Ogunleye, who sat out parts of I believe '03 with Miami, and basically forced a trade to Chicago for a 3rd and Marty Booker. Ogunleye, had enough time in the NFL to receive credit and would have been able to become a free agent, as long as he played six games.

Archived