Once Again Jets Fans, It Simply Comes Down To This

SoFlaJets

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Despite trying to fix it for several years, JD has failed to build a quality O-line.

Despite drafting a QB at #2 overall, we are the worst team in the NFL at the QB position.

Despite signing what feels like a dozen kickers, we're still one of the weakest teams at punting and FG kicking.

Despite being given carte blanche to hire his Head Coach, it feels like we are one of the most poorly coached teams in the NFL, sloppy and undisciplined.

People can thank Joe Douglas as much as they like, but at the end of the day, GM's are judged by wins and losses, like everyone in sports.

His fans say the Gase year doesn't count, that Gase was in change, so ok, fine.

Since then, when JD ran this show, we're 2-14, 4-13 and now 0-1 with what feels like a poor outlook in the eyes of the majority of fans.  Another 4 win season feels possible.

Few GM's survive the kind of failure JD has had.  

He's made some great trades.  And his offensive skill picks (outside of Zach, Becton and Mims) seem pretty good early.

But his team has to win.  And that O-line has to not suck.  And QB needs a massive improvement in quality of play.  And all of this needs to happen soon.

Or he will be gone like the GM's before him.

Can't disagree with you at all. Scoring points on the post draft scoreboard means nothing. This organization treats winning like it's a disease.

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Nowhere in my rant do I say that the solution is that Woody must sell-he won't.

As for Joe Douglas well lets look at just the draft records

2020:1588311176_ScreenShot2022-09-12at9_53_36AM.jpeg.190800e489ea2186f616731a697d6626.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 9.54.13 AM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 9.54.36 AM.jpeg

More blaming the owner, which I understand…however it seems that he has allowed some autonomy between JD and Saleh , finally…. The last two drafts seem much better….we all know ab 2020…

The ownership is bad but there just isn't anything that can be done about it. I don't want to rant about firing a coach again but the Jets are the type of organization that needs someone to come in who actually has some kind of history in the NFL of success. Stop being a dumping ground for people getting their first shot. We've seen them time and time again not be able to find the next great HC. Just find me someone who has a decent track record.

Get a veteran HC and pair him with a quality veteran QB who isn't an old man if it doesn't work out with Zach this season. Try something different. 

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The ownership is bad but there just isn't anything that can be done about it. I don't want to rant about firing a coach again but the Jets are the type of organization that needs someone to come in who actually has some kind of history in the NFL of success. Stop being a dumping ground for people getting their first shot. We've seen them time and time again not be able to find the next great HC. Just find me someone who has a decent track record.

Get a veteran HC and paid him with a quality veteran QB who isn't an old man if it doesn't work out with Zach this season. Try something different. 

There’s a reason this ownership group hires newbies or Adam Gase. They want to be involved. Mangini was really the only one who pushed back and was fired for it. Working with the Johnsons and their people seems like the biggest issue the Jets have. Many candidates just don’t even consider the Jets bc of this. In Saleh’s case, it was his turn for the HC paycheck and the Jets are always a willing partner for these types of candidates. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There’s a reason this ownership group hires newbies or Adam Gase. They want to be involved. Mangini was really the only one who pushed back and was fired for it. Working with the Johnsons and their people seems like the biggest issue the Jets have. Many candidates just don’t even consider the Jets bc of this. In Saleh’s case, it was his turn for the HC paycheck and the Jets are always a willing partner for these types of candidates. 

And they've managed to get us 27 wins over the past 5 years

2016- 5-11

2017- 5-11

2018 -4-12

2019 -7-9

2020-2-14

2021-4-13

2022-0-1

27-98

That's a stellar 27.55 % clip  

3 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

And they've managed to get us 27 wins over the past 5 years

2016- 5-11

2017- 5-11

2018 -4-12

2019 -7-9

2020-2-14

2021-4-13

2022-0-1

27-98

That's a stellar 27.55 % clip  

I mean the only time the Johnsons hold anyone accountable is when it comes to firing people. There doesn’t seem to be any culture of accountability during each regimes tenure. At least dating back to Bowles. Some of the things you see with Saleh and his approach…I mean it’s hard to believe a pro team is being run this way.