Mock Draft (by me) :) 1st 3 picks

gsnts725

#4 DE Mario Williams, NC State

Reason: I'm thinking that D'Brickashaw Ferguson will be off the board because I think it makes more sense for the Saints to draft Ferguson. With D'Brick gone leaves us Cutler, Williams, and Hawk. I think the Jets choose Mario Williams because #1 they need a guy to replace John Abraham, #2 the Jets need someone to help out Shaun Ellis on the D-Line. This guy is explosive and I think he will be an amazing pro.

Also Consider: QB Jay Cutler, LB AJ Hawk, OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson, or trade down

#29 RB Lawerence Maroney, Minnestoa

Reason: Well...I know a lot of people want the Jets to pick C Nick Mangold at #29, but I think he'll be there by the time we pick again at #35. I think we should draft Maroney because Curtis Martin is running out of gas, Cedric Houston can't do the job, and Derick Blalock is not that good. Maroney has an explosive burst, top-notch vision and quickness. I think he will be help the Jets a lot, if drafted.

Also Consider: C Nick Mangold, OG Max Jean-Gilles, or DE Mathias Kiwanuka

#35 C Nick Mangold

Reason: We need someone to replace Mawae and I think Mangold is the one to fill those shoes. He is a very good blocker, has good balance, good body control, and very athletic.

Also Consider: CB Antonio Cromartie

Your pick at #4 is fine, if he is there. That is completely up to New Orleans.

I do not see the Jets taking a RB at all in this draft. We have three serviceable backs already tying up money, so we're not going to take a RB to add even more salary with that first round. Here if we have already taken Williams, you take best OG or OT on the board.

Mangold I do not see slipping this far and I don't see us taking a center in the second round either. Supposedly this Katnik guy will be a solid center for us and we can always take a look at a center in the 4th round or further down. I think here at #35 you look at someone like Charles Spencer or Scott the OT depending on what you took at #29. We cannot just ignore the gaping holes at guard and tackle and take an overrated center.

I do not see the Jets taking a RB at all in this draft. We have three serviceable backs already tying up money, so we're not going to take a RB to add even more salary with that first round. Here if we have already taken Williams, you take best OG or OT on the board.

Mangold I do not see slipping this far and I don't see us taking a center in the second round either. Supposedly this Katnik guy will be a solid center for us and we can always take a look at a center in the 4th round or further down. I think here at #35 you look at someone like Charles Spencer or Scott the OT depending on what you took at #29. We cannot just ignore the gaping holes at guard and tackle and take an overrated center.

I agree. The Jets have much bigger needs than RB. That pick is going to fill holes on either the DL or OL.

I would agree with you on this Carl. Although RB is a concern of mine it is not the most glarring need entering this season. I would think about taking one of the top 4 RB's if one fell to us at 35, and I would like to see if Maurice Drew fell to us later on in the 3rd or 4th round what we would do. Hes small but explosive and we don't really have a 3rd down back like that.

I would argue that Blaylock wasn't given a chance to succeed last year and that Martin may still have something left in the tank. I think the best way of improving our running game is by improving our O-line though. Improve the O-line first then we can worry about finding a RB next year via the draft or FA.

Too many people are concerned with our RB's when the obvious position we should be concerned with is the QB.

No matter who our RB is they won't eb able to find holes if we can't find a way to move the ball through the air first.

Archived