Patriots: Moulds could be a target

Smizzy

Patriots: Moulds could be a target

March 23, 2006 5:56 PM ET

The News

The Patriots have made an informal inquiry regarding wide receiver Eric Moulds, who has been given permission by the Bills to seek a trade, according to the Boston Globe.

Our View

The Patriots are looking to add talent to a thin receiving corps that has already lost David Givens this offseason. We have no doubt Moulds would be an attractive target for Tom Brady in New England, but his $7.1 million salary in 2005 might need to get renegotiated before trade talks get serious.

Id make NE pay out the nose for moulds.

Id make NE pay out the nose for moulds.

Umm, aren't the Pats like $27 billion under the cap and they haven't made any FA moves?

Think they are focusing on the draft and June 1st cuts?

Smizz, you just might want to get used to this kind of thinking.;)

....if the Pats would not over-pay for Givens, McGinest and Vinatieri, why would they over-pay for Moulds? If he can be signed at a reasonable price/draft pick - they will pursue it.

I hear Nate Burleson can be had for a third rounder. Now, I'm no genius, but wouldn't that be a better trade?

BTW - Dillon's contract was just redone. His 2006 salary used to be $3,000,000. It is now listed as $710,000. Presume that the difference (2,290,000) was converted into a signing bonus, then the Pats saved $1,717,500 this year while adding $572,500 to his cap hits in 2007,2008, and 2009. So, more cap money for the Pats this year. What's going on? Huge signing bonus for Seymour? Big trade? Something is going on. I know there is a preception out there that the Pats are cheap - untrue. Cheap would be a team that does not spend up to the cap. The Pats always do that - and usually wisely. Something's going on. I know it.

BTW - Dillon's contract was just redone. His 2006 salary used to be $3,000,000. It is now listed as $710,000. Presume that the difference (2,290,000) was converted into a signing bonus, then the Pats saved $1,717,500 this year while adding $572,500 to his cap hits in 2007,2008, and 2009. So, more cap money for the Pats this year. What's going on? Huge signing bonus for Seymour? Big trade? Something is going on. I know there is a preception out there that the Pats are cheap - untrue. Cheap would be a team that does not spend up to the cap. The Pats always do that - and usually wisely. Something's going on. I know it.

That should shut up quite a few dumbass Jet fans.;)

Very doubtful Pats and Bills would work at a trade within the division- especially knowing Pats could use a experienced receiver

But faba, you have to remember. That Patriots helped the Bills out in a big way a few years ago and gave them Bledsoe for the low low price of ONE first round draft pick. The owe us. :)

Archived