Joe Benigno Podcast

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I've listened to Benigno for a long time and I couldn't disagree more.  Last year when the Jets got off to a good start, he had nothing but praise.  He was criticizing the "big box teams" (e.g. Broncos, Packers, Steelers) as being overrated and he said those teams wished they had as much talent as the Jets did.

The whole "Joe B will never be happy" thing is an incredibly lazy narrative.  

You're not wrong. I listen to his podcast as well. He was very happy last year when the Jets got off to a good start. But he becomes irrational in my opinion at the first sign of controversy or any type of hurdle the team needs to get through like this Aaron Rodgers trade. It might just be PTSD from watching the Jets for as long as he has. 

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

You're not wrong. I listen to his podcast as well. He was very happy last year when the Jets got off to a good start. But he becomes irrational in my opinion at the first sign of controversy or any type of hurdle the team needs to get through like this Aaron Rodgers trade. It might just be PTSD from watching the Jets for as long as he has. 

Completely agree.  He definitely becomes irrational quickly (and it's not "schtick") and I agree that it's PTSD from being a Jet fan.  Him also being a Mets fan probably doesn't help either.  :)

• 5 months later...

I don't know if there's a link to Joe Benigno's "Oh The Pain" podcast but he's actually being very positive about the Jets.  He thinks we're a very good football team that can still make the playoffs.  He thinks a lot of fans are being whiny babies for thinking that we can't win without Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't know if there's a link to Joe Benigno's "Oh The Pain" podcast but he's actually being very positive about the Jets.  He thinks we're a very good football team that can still make the playoffs.  He thinks a lot of fans are being whiny babies for thinking that we can't win without Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Joe is an insanely emotional fan.  He’s riding the high of the win on MNF and it’s clouding his perspective 

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Joe is an insanely emotional fan.  He’s riding the high of the win on MNF and it’s clouding his perspective 

Yeah just wait until Zach sh*ts the bed against the cowboys and pats, he will be singing a different time