State Taxes And The Salary Cap

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

Corporations do it now. Some have regional salary ranges for the same job which I'm sure factors is based on cost of living (of which local income taxes are a part)

The government does based on the state or regions cpi.  I’m not sure where their base value is located but people can expect a twenty percent pay bump for living in California.  This is also true for the per diem rates the government pays based on location. A place like San Diego is much higher than a place like Jacksonville or Norfolk.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It doesn't matter if the cap uses pre-tax numbers.  The key thing is that the players know there's going to be a difference in their income if they sign with the Jets as opposed to Miami, Tampa, Houston or Dallas (FL and TX having no state income tax).   That could affect their decision of where to sign, giving some teams an unfair advantage over others.

They are taxed based on where the game is.  Charge the thread title to free agency. Holy sh*t 😂

13 minutes ago, Larz said:

They are taxed based on where the game is.  Charge the thread title to free agency. Holy sh*t 😂

I think you're still not getting the point.  Not that I wanted that scvmbag, Tyreek Hill, but the Jets would've had to pay more than the Dolphins did to compensate the player equally.  That means he would've taken up a higher percentage of our salary cap than he would for Miami.

EDIT: I don't understand why you're bringing up "They are taxed based on where the game is".  Obviously, if a player signs with the Jets, he's going to play a minimum of 8-9 games in NY.  

• Upvote 3