Being a Jets Fan Right Now Summed Up In ONE Word - Surreal

Warfish

8 minutes ago, billo83 said:

No, you didn't understand my post. I simply stated that the Jets have had some good QB play in the last 50 years, although not much. I never mentioned AR. Of course he should break all time passing records for the Jets but that's not what I was addressing. 

Favre for half a season and journey man Fitz put up average seasons for the Jets... If you call that good QB play then sure...

The Jets have not had a top 10 QB since Kenny O... And it's even iffy to call him top 10.

• More Ugh 1

27 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Favre for half a season and journey man Fitz put up average seasons for the Jets... If you call that good QB play then sure...

The Jets have not had a top 10 QB since Kenny O... And it's even iffy to call him top 10.

I noticed you left out Testeverde in 98. Don't know stats wise, but I would consider that season a top 10 performance. You're right that the last 10 years has been terrible, but to say there hasn't been any great QB play in 50 years is wrong on Vinny's season alone

• More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, billo83 said:

I noticed you left out Testeverde in 98. Don't know stats wise, but I would consider that season a top 10 performance. You're right that the last 10 years has been terrible, but to say there hasn't been any great QB play in 50 years is wrong on Vinny's season alone

Haha... You funny... 1 year out of the last 50 and you are saying that negates the statement is ridiculous 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Fitz sucked. He was like the Yankees right now: can put up crooked numbers against the crap teams but gets embarrassed by good ones. He was a gambler type: with his TDs came a lot of bad INTs. We just have low standards for QBs. Testaverde had a big arm, but frankly wasnt all that bright. Pennington was kind of an opposite of a hybrid of those two: smart, accurate on short stuff, but limited by having the arm strength of Grandma. Wouldnt lose a game but couldnt win one either. Everyone since has been utter garbage. Favre doesn't even count.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

I've seen a few folks use the word, seen it used in a few articles, maybe (I think) even used by a player or two.

But it's 100% apt. 

Being a Jets Fan right now is quite SURREAL:, i.e. "marked by the intense irrational reality of a dream".  Also : "UNBELIEVABLE, FANTASTIC" - courtesy of Mirriam-Webster.

We have Aaron Rodgers, and he is going to play QB for us.  Aaron Rodgers.  One of the best to ever strap it on.  Sure, he's older, but he sure seems like he's got a chip on his shoulder too.  Even though this could be called Favre II, it doesn't FEEL the same.  At least not to me.

We have Dalvin Cook at RB.  Yeah, swayed by the "name", but also swayed by his 4x pro bowl seasons the past four years.  We also have Breece Hall, who seems like he WILL be back early this year, a guy who could himself still have pro bowls in his future.  Even the guys behind them aren't poop.

We have the reigning ORotY at WR #1.  Our first true, legit, DRAFTED #1 WR in literal ages.  A guy who could this era's Toon or Walker, a guy fans love forever.  He has that potential.  I may not be 100% sold on the guys behind him, but Lazard is a hella blocker, and if he can get 800 and 4-7 TD's, reasonable I think, we're set.  Fans have alot of love for the young kids too, few folks are saying "we don;t have enough at WR", at least not loudly.

We have the reigning DRotY in Sauce.  A possible Revis Island II.  But maybe less of a merc?  Guess we'll see, for now, his future looks bright.

We have a Defense, overall, that has the potential (stress potential) to be special.  Truly special.  Better than the top 5 finish from last year, as it's improved from last year.

Becton, BECTON, seems to have come back.  Fingers crossed this one doesn't wind up an actual dream, but for now.....ffs, Becton is back and playing great in preseason.  Becton/AVT, if they're both back and healthy in full?  Wow.

Could it all go south, sure.  But right this minute, this moment in time, I was reminded how......good.....these Jets look.  Someone who knows football talked to me today and his only comment was "wow, your boys look legit".  I've heard that alot.

Sure, optimism might lead to disappointment, and you all know I'm a cynic and a pessimist.

But DAMN, it's legit HARD not to get excited right this second.  

It's f'ing surreal.  Feels like a dream.  Rodgers leading a talented O, bolstered by a possibly great D.  Hell, even our two specials, Greg the Leg and Morestead, don't make anyone too afriad, lol.

Could this really be a thing that works?  

Do we dare to dream?

You know what, maybe we do.

this is literally the first positive post you have ever made in 20 years