2023/2024 LETS GO RANGERS!!!

TBJ

15 hours ago, TBJ said:

Rangers Sweeping a Five Game Road Trip is Impressive, so Are They For Real?

I am skeptical right now.  We still have the same players who disappeared in the playoffs last year.

The defense looks a bit better but it will all rest on whether either of our premier first rounder picks (Kakko and Laffy) develop into game changing players and neither of them has shown any signs of doing that.

• Upvote 1

Metropolitan 1st place vs. 2nd place tonight at the garden.  Early days yet but this is a  good time for the Rangers to send an early message to the Hurricanes and the rest of the division and additionally, begin to establish the idea that MSG is a tough place to come in and leave with any points.

• Upvote 1

Metropolitan division is going to be a bear again this year.  Last year we let a couple of teams get out to a big points lead early and we could never get all the way back.  Nice to see we are starting quickly ourselves this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Metropolitan division is going to be a bear again this year.  Last year we let a couple of teams get out to a big points lead early and we could never get all the way back.  Nice to see we are starting quickly ourselves this year.
It would be nice to win it for a change.
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I like that Laffy is getting a bit feisty out there.  He may never be a Jack Hughes in terms of ability to score but maybe he can go the route of Matthew Tkachuk to becoming a difference maker. 

He still has promise. Hopefully Kaapo can turn into at least a 20 goal guy at this point.

They were never going to be as valuable as Hughes, not only is he doing much better, but he's also a center.

28 minutes ago, EM31 said:

cringe.

He is an effort guy I guess... Aren't there any other high-ceiling kids ready to make the jump?

Brennan Othmann is probably the top prospect in Hartford, but Brodzinski has been playing really well. 6 goals, 5 assists in 7 games.

Fox is going to be out longer, that was a knee on knee, it sounds bad. ☹️

Rangers get grim Adam Fox, Filip Chytil injury updates with Igor Shesterkin banged up

The Rangers’ roaring strong start to the season was reduced to a whimper Friday evening when word spread that star defenseman Adam Fox will be placed on long-term injured reserve and second-line center Filip Chytil will be put on injured reserve, The Post has learned.

https://nypost.com/2023/11/03/sports/rangers-get-grim-adam-fox-filip-chytil-injury-updates/

Rangers get grim Adam Fox, Filip Chytil injury updates with Igor Shesterkin banged up
The Rangers’ roaring strong start to the season was reduced to a whimper Friday evening when word spread that star defenseman Adam Fox will be placed on long-term injured reserve and second-line center Filip Chytil will be put on injured reserve, The Post has learned.
https://nypost.com/2023/11/03/sports/rangers-get-grim-adam-fox-filip-chytil-injury-updates/
That freaking blows.
  • Upvote 1

On 11/3/2023 at 8:29 PM, TBJ said:

Igor and Fox are the last two guys on the team we can afford to be out. This is not good. 

• Upvote 1

Rangers win 4-1.

Louie Domingue first win as a Ranger.

Wheeler gets his first goal as a a Ranger.

Laffy with a 3 point night, also a first.

Vinny T scores again and picks up 2 assists.

Panarin continues to tear it up, 22 points on the season.

35 minutes ago, TBJ said:

Rangers win 4-1.

Not much to dislike outside of period 2.

Team keeps on banking points.  They all count the same at the end of the year

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Not much to dislike outside of period 2.

Team keeps on banking points.  They all count the same at the end of the year

No doubt.

The D has been really solid.

Got to believe Zibanajed will get going, he usually starts slow and then really heats up. 

Chytil can be dynamic, hopefully he'll be back soon.

If Kaapo can start chipping in, and we can stay healthy, we're going to be tough beat on most nights.

9 hours ago, TBJ said:

No doubt.

The D has been really solid.

Got to believe Zibanajed will get going, he usually starts slow and then really heats up. 

Chytil can be dynamic, hopefully he'll be back soon.

If Kaapo can start chipping in, and we can stay healthy, we're going to be tough beat on most nights.

The defense is much improved.  Is it simply adding Gustafsson, or is it the D group kids as a whole growing into their full man sizes or is it a renewed emphasis on team defense from the new coaching staff?  Probably all of the above but I really do like the Gustafsson acquisition

Right now we are playing shut down hockey and everything else is flowing from that.

The Jury is still out on Wheeler but even there we are seeing signs 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TBJ said:

Rangers win 4-1.

Panarin does not seem to be messing around this year, he obviously heard all the criticism about his playoff performance. Now all we need is for it to carry over into the real season (God willing we don't collapse and get there).

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2023 at 1:37 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Panarin does not seem to be messing around this year, he obviously heard all the criticism about his playoff performance. Now all we need is for it to carry over into the real season (God willing we don't collapse and get there).

I am not sure how much he can do.  I just think that his game is not well suited to playoff style hockey.  He tends to get cancelled out.  We still need wins now but I am just not sure about him come playoff time.

25 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I am not sure how much he can do.  I just think that his game is not well suited to playoff style hockey.  He tends to get cancelled out.  We still need wins now but I am just not sure about him come playoff time.

I agree with you he’s too slow and thinks for too long for the speed that is played in the playoffs but I’m hoping that last year was a wake up call and he can play with more pace when the time comes.