2023/2024 LETS GO RANGERS!!!

TBJ

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

+70k turned out for Devils vs. Flyers! That’s an amazing turnout! Hockey starting to thrive once again.

SRO for Rangers vs. Islanders I would think.

The second game in two days at the home of the NFL’s Jets and Giants drew 79,690 — the third biggest crowd for an NHL outdoor game and a little more than 9,000 higher than the attendance of the Devils’ 6-3 win over the Flyers here the previous night.

Wish I made the 2 1/2 hour drive to be a part of it…. Anyone here go?

The W was a good 2-points otherwise we were sleepwalking for the most part against a team we are supposed to be beating on most nights.  Once again the Rangers seem to find a way despite not playing particularly well.

I must say I liked the "twin  towers" line out there with Rempe and Edstrom.  It will be useful tonight against a Dallas team that traditionally plays a heavy game.

<Edited to add>

It has to be brutal to be an Islanders fan right now.  That one must have gutted them.  My sadness knows almost no bounds.

• Upvote 2

The W was a good 2-points otherwise we were sleepwalking for the most part against a team we are supposed to be beating on most nights.  Once again the Rangers seem to find a way despite not playing particularly well.
I must say I liked the "twin  towers" line out there with Rempe and Edstrom.  It will be useful tonight against a Dallas team that traditionally plays a heavy game.

It has to be brutal to be an Islanders fan right now.  That one must have gutted them.  My sadness knows almost no bounds.
I'm heartbroken for the Fishstick fans

The icelanders had everything on the line and came out like a desperate team. But in the end the better team won.
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I'm heartbroken for the Fishstick fans emoji28.png

The icelanders had everything on the line and came out like a desperate team. But in the end the better team won.

I have been warning about the desperation of the teams in the Metropolitan chasing pack for some time and Isles did come out strong but TBH this Rangers team (who I love) have spent the entire year collecting wins while not playing very well.  We were sleepwalking for the first half of the game and this seems to be more of the rule than it is the exception.  At some point we need to start playing like a top tier team and that means dispatching non-playoff teams without having to experience a heart attack first.

The good news is that many of the other division leaders are also going through the dog days of January and February.

Isles are in a tail spin and the confidence in the GM and the whole program seems to be at historically low level.   Usually that is a recipe for a GM who may be on the way out to try and make a desperation move at the trade deadline in order to save his job.  That rarely works and frequently results in said GM getting fleeced.  Maybe the NHL has passed Lou Lamoriello by.  Islanders are looking at a multiyear rebuild unless some of those big contracts start to play up to the level of their paychecks.

Good test on Thursday.  I know the Devils are struggling but they are getting a bit healthier and TBH we have had our issues putting away opponents who are struggling.  When you add to that the idea I am sure that the Devils still think they can beat us in a playoff matchup after they did that very thing last year... well let's just say this would be a perfect time to drop the hammer on them.

Edstrom and Rempe did well last night in the first period, hitting everything that moved but then the penalties in the 2nd period meant they oldy saw only about a minute in ice time.  Overall, no glaring errors and so they are passing the "first do no harm" litmus test for new NHLers.  It would be great if those two worked out and it would change the physical complexion of our team in to one that is far better suited to playoff style hockey.

Hurricanes are not losing very often so it is up to us to keep the pressure on.

• Sympathy 1

What I like about both Rempe and Edstrom is that they are not committing obvious defensive gaffes when they are on the ice.  This means, at least so far, that the coach can trust them out there to not do stuff that will give away goals.

Should lead to more minutes on the ice and more opportunity to pound smaller players into the boards.  Smaller players in this case is pretty much everyone else in the NHL.  As a team this means that the Rangers have moved from being one that can be pushed around by bigger opponents into one that is a real threat to be doing the pushing.  All of this is positive for the switch over to playoff style hockey which is already beginning to happen in these wild card race games. 

All year long we have tended to stub our toe in games against bottom-feeder teams.  We need to avoid the obvious trap game in our push for a record today.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

All year long we have tended to stub our toe in games against bottom-feeder teams.  We need to avoid the obvious trap game in our push for a record today.

Laviolette needs to have team ready for Columbus. Possibility we can horde 4 points if we play our game and take care of business. CBJ fan base will be rocking as this will be their playoffs.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Laviolette needs to have team ready for Columbus. Possibility we can horde 4 points if we play our game and take care of business. CBJ fan base will be rocking as this will be their playoffs.

Rangers get a lot of support in that building if I recall correctly

• Upvote 1