Should Jets Fans be Hopeful for Next Season?

JetNation

15 hours ago, usanyj said:

I'm a Mets fan and a Jets fan...I have learned to never be hopeful. These teams have broken me...They have treated me like a battered wife who thinks they will change after they apologize, but they never do...

Anyway....can't wait for Sunday and for Pitchers and Catchers to report....

If there's anything Mets and Jets fans share, it's hope for next year.........until the season begins. 

15 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I’m also a Mets and Jets fan.  Yes there’s been brutal losses/luck BUT there have also been good times.  I was young when the Mets won the World Series but they’ve been back there a couple times and have some nice nice playoff moments despite not winning again.  Jets have been a tougher pill to swallow but at least have some good moments like that one year with Parcells, Pennington helping the team after the whole”you play yo win the game” speech, and Rex’s first two years.  We just have t been able to find that QB.  We’ve had glimpses but not that guy who can consistently do it for a decade or something 

Im 35, never got to see either win it all...wondering if I ever will...

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Next year will be a whole different type of disappointment.   Only there won’t be any “hope” for 2025 because of massive dead money on the books.   Get ready for another rebuild and being completely irrelevant again.   

I really feel like Rodgers will play 2 more seasons. He has freedom and control in a way he has always wished and never had. I doubt he gives up that kind of situation and $.

21 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Im 35, never got to see either win it all...wondering if I ever will...

With an owner like Cohen the Mets are much more likely to have an offseason spending spree, where they pull off a championship. I'm not saying that it will be easy but with the way baseball is set up for owners with the deepest pockets to do whatever they want.....all it takes is a pissed off and bored Cohen and a great free agency class to pull off 1 ring.