How did Jets top Four Picks Look vs Commanders?

JetNation

I think they kinda looked at Huff as something that's replicable, i.e. super explosive guy they coached up.  They should probably at least tag him high since McDonald certainly isn't a sure bet for next year and it would at least ensure they don't have to draft anyone else for the position in the Spring.
I'm really getting Maybin vibes. Hope im wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I'm really getting Maybin vibes. Hope im wrong.

I think rookie year is generally considered a wash for almost every position in that it's not predictable of anything. When Football Outsiders was around they did a whole writeup on this topic and the consensus was that unless the guy struggles to even make the roster (i.e. Hackenberg), then a good rookie year (i.e.Sheldon) is just as indicative of long term success as a lackluster one (i.e. J. Johnson). NFL is a strange league for rookies. Hard to ignore the fact that he's getting zero hurries or pressures on the QB though. One thing about Johnson last year is that yes he started slow but finished the last few games very strong. 

On 12/26/2023 at 9:05 AM, jamesr said:

Also worth remembering how high everyone was on Mitchell last year.

Does make me wonder how much our scheme and coaching this year has affected OL performance.

Saleh & Fat Joe decided on the highly decorated  Hackett over

all  the offensive coordinator candidate they interviewed and the

Peckers he brought in filled his staff

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2023 at 3:26 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Max Mitchell's problem is that he simply lacks strength. He needs to get in a freaking Smolov Squat Cycle or something. 

I think he was a project.  The blood clots didn't help.  He was forced into action which probably has not helped his confidence.  Lets hope he stays on the bench next year.  Picks like that you hope you have yourself a solid depth player.  Sometimes, that is a good draft pick too. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I think he was a project.  The blood clots didn't help.  He was forced into action which probably has not helped his confidence.  Lets hope he stays on the bench next year.  Picks like that you hope you have yourself a solid depth player.  Sometimes, that is a good draft pick too. 

I like Mitchell as much as any lineman on the team his arms & feet are

always working in unison, there is no lazy in his game

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2023 at 8:48 AM, Jetpain said:

Im still trying to figure out their plan for McDonald.  Guy is light in the ass and is supposed to be an up and comer pass rush guy.  So why do i constantly see them putting him in on first downs when he isnt big enough to hold the edge on running plays?   

Then they have Clemons out on pass plays lol. It’s backwards.